• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Branch for enclosure

dev

Do you know whether the branch of an orange tree is safe or toxic to be put in a corn snake's enclosure.

Thanks

well

I use a branch form outside but i had to soak it in bleach water for a day and a half and then let it dry for about 2 days and works out just fine

The Orange tree itself wouldn't be a problem. The thing I would be concerned with would be if any pesticides had been used. Is this a tree you have on your property or from a grove of Orange trees? If you don't know any history about pesticide use then it might be a good idea to pass on this one.:)

Alicia: The orange tree was the property of my gf's parents and as far as i know, no pesticides has been used. Still the branch will be washed several number of times, then boiled, and the either put in the oven, or left for about three days in the oven to dry.

Thank you both for the feedback

i think that as long as you leave it to soak for a couple of days in bleach water and then put it in boiling water and then let it dry out you should be fine!!:D

Back