• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Breeding my girl.....question??

CAcornguy

Beginner breeder!
Hello folks. I just wanted to ask some advice on the breeding of my female. Now that I have confimed my 4 1/2 foot beauty is indeed a female, I am ready to breed her with my 2 males. (1 normal, and 1 Anery) the female is a Normal, but she is very Brown instead of orange, and I was originally told she was a Caramel. She also has 2 definite stripes going down the length of her body on the top. (Motley????) Anyway, the main question I had is this.

She is quite bulgy in her lower 2/3 and after having her run over my fingers, it feels like she has a strand of pearls in her belly. From reading Bill and Kathy Love's book, she is ready to breed right?? I know it is early in the year, but I think she could do it. Could I put Both males in her tank at the same time, or is it best to put only one at a time in there. She is MUCH bigger than my males also. The males are both about 2 1/2 feet each. Will that matter any? I was told the males can breed early.

Also...how long can breeding take. Is it possible to happen VERY fast? I put my female and a male into the bath to swim for a bit, and the famale lifted her tail (wil help from the male) and it looked like he may has penetrated her very quickly. Immediatly after that, they both used the bathroom in the tub, and that was it. If he penetrated her, it would have only lasted a couple seconds.

I look forward to your responses, ands thanks for reading this long post!! -Don:confused: :D

Guess she was just teasing him

When my snakes decided to "get it together" they remained joined for at least half an hour, if not more. The mating was repeated more than once, over a period of days with the result being 18 fertile eggs. I would very much doubt if a 2 second contact would produce a successful mating. But of course I could be wrong.

The eggs all hatched on the last day of August after 10 weeks of incubation. 12 normals and 6 amels.

I would also suggest that 2's company and 3's a crowd.
As your males are normal and anery I would only allow the one to mate. Only then would you be able to predict the type of hatchling with any degree of accuracy.

Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.

Attachments

• mating.jpg
    mating.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 81
Back