• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cornsnake Intelligence Study - pretty interesting..

ronlina

I put this in behavior because I figured that Intelligence is linked to behavior.

It's an article about a study done with corns and intelligence, it's really pretty interesting.
The link:
http://www.lasuerte.org/omesnakes.htm

(...but of course we all knew corns are smart- just one escape is all we need to know about their tricks..:p )

lol thanks so much. One of my roommates was trying to tell me that her bunnies were smarter than snakes because of mazes and crap.

It must have been fun working with all those snakes! thanx for the article! i bet snakes are smart in all kinds of ways we have not identified yet...

I enjoyed reading that, thanks.

'Teaching' a nocturnal snake to avoid bright light is a bit like 'teaching' it to fall in the direction gravity pulls it. The expected response might not be ~quite~ as universal... But I'll bet it's close.

I love corn snakes and find them very full of personality. But they aren't winning any IQ comparisons around here.

That said, my snakes interact with me in ways my meeces never did.
You just can't compare apples with oranges, reptiles with mammals.

Then again, what the hell do I know?
At least that scientist tests his theories... I just post mine on the Internet...
:D

Last edited:
Back