• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

frozen mice...

ronlina

...could someone tell me the longest time reccomended for keeping frozen mice in the freezer? Is there a time limit to ensure they remain good for my snake to eat? I was thinking of buying online frozen mice but online companies seem to sell in huge numbers - I only have one snake right now so those mice would be kept for a long time if I were to do that.

Thanks a lot..

I keep my vacuum packed ones for a year or more. Ones just regular Ziplock bagged 6 months max. They tend to dry out just like any of our food, pinks especially, and most of my snakes won't touch them. =P

To recommend an online source, I've had great success with Big Cheese Rodent Factory. They have small enough lots (starts at 50, I believe). They are a little more expensive than the other frozen providers, but the mice are healthy looking, clean, and they come vacuum packed. You might ask them about ordering different sizes as well and combining it to meet the minimum. They're great to deal with over e-mail.

Or there is a local guy who I get my mice (live breeders) from who may be able to sell smaller amounts than anyone else. His mice are great quality and I've had 100% feeding success. He doesn't have a webpage yet, but his name is Jeff Hermann and his e-mail is: [email protected] Drop him a line and ask him what he can do for ya.

I suggest everyone invest in a Foodsaver vacuum packer. I use it for rodents, steaks, chicken, veggies, dough, anything in my freezer. =P

And a hint, get more snakes to make getting a larger number of mice more useful. It's an evil rationalization. >=)

Hope that helps some. =)

Taceas said:

And a hint, get more snakes to make getting a larger number of mice more useful. It's an evil rationalization. >=)

Hope that helps some. =)

haha, thanks for the advice... I intend on taking it into serious consideration.. hmm... more snakes.... :licklips:

...and thanks for the other info, too. I may give that local guy an email if it seems like it'd be best for me.

Back