• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Girls won't mate

Rawren

So my I put my male in with each of my girls the day they all shed (girls shed a couple days apart). He was very eager to breed but every time he touched the girls they quickly slithered away. More like whipped away... He was doing everything to try to court. After awhile I'd catch them curled up together.

What do I do to get a successful lock? This is my first time breeding. I've left then each together for 2 days and then separated. Do I just keep repeating this?

Also, during all this do I need to feed?

I am far from experienced as this is my first year too. If they were left together for 2 days you typically won't know if they actually locked or not unless you witnessed it or the male left a "sample" behind.

For my first clutch the female kept eating till about a week before her pre-lay shed. So she was empty by the time she was ready to lay.

This link might help you some. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145506

Are you sure that one of them is a female? Sounds like it could be behavior between two males. They usually wrap around one another....

To get them to breed, you can try to put them in a bin together and spray some mist lightly over them. It makes the females sent stronger. Don't put them togeter in their tank that they live in. Put them in a bin and leave them alone for a while, than go back and check a few hours later and see if the Snake semen is there in the tank. Than you'll know

this is provided that you do have a female and not two males

So my I put my male in with each of my girls the day they all shed (girls shed a couple days apart). He was very eager to breed but every time he touched the girls they quickly slithered away. More like whipped away... He was doing everything to try to court. After awhile I'd catch them curled up together.

What do I do to get a successful lock? This is my first time breeding. I've left then each together for 2 days and then separated. Do I just keep repeating this?

Also, during all this do I need to feed?

Most of the time when I put a female in with a male she acts like she is not receptive and quickly slithers away. If the male is persistent she may stop and it's tail lock time. I just leave them together until I feed the pair, and all the corns, and I put her back in her container. I leave her alone until she and the male defecate, and then I put them together again. I don't necessarily need to see a tail lock. When they are together nature takes over. I just put a lavender male and a sunkissed female together and before she could move away the male had her tail locked.

Back