• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hard To Be A Herper In Maine.

How 'bout NJ.. if you think that is strict come live here.
No red eyed corns, no selling of turtles, no WC animals... and so on. And I believe that.. Ball pythons.. actually all boids you need a permit for. Most people are not aware of this and don't get one but if they catch you, you might get in trouble. I asked my pet store about this and they said yes. I'm going to try and ask F&W about it...

Well they already mentioned the goof up about the red eyed snakes, but yes and you need permits for those too.
And Kings/Milks as well as even leopard geckos, fire bellied toads, and tons of other innocuousthings.

But no you don't actually get in that much trouble. Fish and Wildlife tracked down my mother who forgot to renew the permit on our African grey, the pet store must have been audited, because they hardly EVER check up on the permits to make sure you actually filed them and paid for them. They just asked for their money and left her alone, the letter wasn't nasty or accusitory or anything.

Edit after looking up more permit laws:
Hots are also prohibited as well as larval salamanders, mud puppies water dogs etc, gray tree frogs

You've got that backwards. Red eyes are the ones you're allowed to legally have/sell, specifically amels, butters, snows, pearls, lavs, blizzards, creamsicles, sun glows and candycanes.

LOL that's a typo..
I think you all know what I mean.. Only red eyed corns...
I'm not sure about the lavenders though. I'll check the list thingy...

Back