• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from IA

Tomme

My name is Tomme and I live in a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa. I have always wanted a snake since I was a kid and decided that I would buy one after researching what would be best for my kids. I decided on a Corn because of their awesome demeanor and the fact that they are not as high maintance as other snakes. I made the mistake of purchasing it at Petco because I was with my kids and it was the pattern that they liked best. I am just getting into the research to find out what its heritage might be... as well as finding out the sex. My ulitmate goal is to purchase another Corn and breed them once a year. I am interested in the genetics and look forward to learning all the morphs and how to achieve them. Anyone have any good starting advise? My current corn is 13" long and has a very normal color... I will add a picture soon.

Iowa Shows?

Anyone know of any show coming up in Iowa? I am interested in maybe getting a second already.

Anyone know of any show coming up in Iowa? I am interested in maybe getting a second already.

Yeah there is 1 in Des Moines at a hotel I go there every year. They usually advertise in reptile magazine around the time they have it. Its in the summer. I think that it is hosted by the Iowa Herp. society.

Welcome, This is the place to be for corn snake owners, All the information you need to know and the answers to all your questions can all be found in these forums. Have fun!

Back