• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help!!!! Please!!!!

madaboutcorns

At what age does females start to mate!?! :eek1: Mine is about 1year and 2months old and is being humped by my male of the same age! what can happen?? I NEED TO KNOW ASAP!!!! PLEASE HELP! I dont like that at all! :grin01:

Seperate them now.
A female should only be bred after they reach 3 years old, because a female bred to early can live a shorter life and produce bad ofspring. Give the snake a chance to grow on a bit and if you want to breed try again in to years but make sure the female is a minimum of 300 grams and is well fed.

I just got home and didnt know that this could happen! I hope this wasnt going on long! I am going to separate them as soon as they disconect! how long will my baby live!? and the eggs will she lay them or what?? I thought if the female is ready she will mate! AS a 2year old! didnt know they know about mating!

she may lay or she may not. sometimes they just use the eggs (especially young snakes) so they can replace lost calcium, but i am still supprised she allowed her self to be mounted at that age. 2years plus then yeah maybe but 1 year 2 monthes is a new 1 on me. The actual snake being mounted should be ok and if she does or doesn't lay she will be ok. as to how long i can only speculate a guess, basicly i think the snake will be ok for another 15 years plus, if she doen't lay or if she lays duds.
Anyone else with more advice would be nice as i havn't bred a snake less then 3 years old.

I did have that happen once last year. The female was only about 1 year and 1/2 old. My fiance was cleaning out cages and thought the amel was female (which it wasn't) and put him with one of my snows, only to find them locked up when he went to put her back. I fed her as much as she would eat before she refused, and also gave her calcium supplements. She did lay, but only 3 eggs and 2 were slugs. She was a little worse for the wear, and it took about a year to build her back up to health. Its not something I want to go through again. If I were you, keep a VERY close eye on her. Make sure she is in the best possible condition she can be in. She might pull through.

Thank's jynx.
I appreaciate the reply as its the first time i've heard of it for a snake under 2. Glad she pulled through and is doing well now.
At least their is someone else madaboutcorns, who has been in the situation and can help. If i can do any thing let me know.

albino corn snake site

Thanks!!!

:cry: I just hope my female pulls trough aswell! I dont want to lose my baby!! She is Hetro butter*motley and hes a bubbelgum of the same age! :-offtopic Can he preduse sperm at that age????

I had the same with a one year old female.
I also thought that it was not possible for a year old corn.
She was getting fat and eated a lot.

She laid 7 eggs of which one was a slug.
The female was very skinny afterwards, so two days after laying the eggs
I fed her two big fuzzies, and 4 days later a normal mouse.
Afterwards she was fed normal again and gained her weight back quickly.

60 days later I got six small healty young corns.

See link for foto's of the eggs

Rob.

bamboe32 said:
I had the same with a one year old female.
I also thought that it was not possible for a year old corn.
She was getting fat and eated a lot.

She laid 7 eggs of which one was a slug.
The female was very skinny afterwards, so two days after laying the eggs
I fed her two big fuzzies, and 4 days later a normal mouse.
Afterwards she was fed normal again and gained her weight back quickly.

60 days later I got six small healty young corns.

See link for foto's of the eggs

Rob.

A one year old female had 6 small babies? WOW!!!

How did they do?

They all shedded within a week and ate perfectly the pinkies I gave them every five days.

I sold them all at once two months later. I wanted to keep one, but got a good offer for all six off them.

The female laid 10 egg a half year later of which nine came out.
One of them only ate 1 pinkie and died 4 months later.
7 were sold and I still have one of them. She is just like her mother eating a lot. But now I got enought space to keep her seperated from the males.

Rob.

Wow, I still can't believe she laid that many eggs at 1 year old and another 10...6 months later....The interesting thing is that so many of the little ones lived.....

wow!!!

:bounce: Okay but my worries is that she wont make it! But now i know she will! She is bigly build she weighs 200grams and is 1years 2months old! What do u think I will get if my male is bubblegum and my female is hetro butter*motley? (both the same age and ?same weight?)

Back