• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how can i tell????

hayley13

When i bought sev from a rep shop I was told he was a male, but looking in to it now males are supposed to have more of a long tail from the anus to the tip where as female opposite , I dont trust the advice of the shop , as they were not:rofl: really sure what age he was when i got him and he looks more female rear ended than mail (dont want to give him a complex what with the name severus ) can you help??:rofl: lol hayley x

How old is it? Tail comparison can be extremely difficult in very young corns. If it is a young corn, no bigger really than 18 inches you could try 'popping', which is where you apply pressure behind the cloaca, should it be male, you will expose the hemipenes, which will not happen should it be female. Popping isnt 100% though, so many people try this method several times before they are happy with the sex.
You can also try a method called probing. You can buy probes off many herp sites and most of them will have instructions. Probing is where you push the prob down the cloaco towards the base of the tail, and dependant on the distance the probe will enter without too much pressure will tell you which sex you have.
Good luck either way!!

thanks cornnoobie he is 18 weeks old yesterday but in the shop i was told by several diff people diff ages and sex for him soooo think he may now be a transexual with the name severus on a girl snake. Still love him no matter what but need to know as very tempted to get anther as all going well with my (he she) ta any ho x

I got mine probed and got shown how to do it. Was all very interesting. However, they are both what I expected them to be as I looked closely at the shape of their tales. This is by no means accurate, and easier in fully grown corns. However if you post a pic I'll tell ya what my first instinct would be - but like I said - not at all accurate.

:) Beanie

ive just tried popping i can see wo small blck things either side like the video but they dont come out and i dont want to put to much pressure on so i dont know if im doing in hard enough any help?

thanks

i think il have a trip to the vets to see, im happy either sex would like travis to have a name that represents (his) sex

What about the shop you got him/her from? I had demos at the shop I got my first snakes from, then a breeder I got hatchlings from showed me again

What about the shop you got him/her from? I had demos at the shop I got my first snakes from, then a breeder I got hatchlings from showed me again
the shop i bought severus from said he/she was about 12 weeks female , then when i went back the next guy said sev was male not sure how old, so the shop a night mare wont buy from a shop like that again. Still love him no matter what

Back