• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to make your own Rheostat for less than $7! Detailed instructions.

Either way you go, you want to take temps all the time lol. Either method is time consuming, I just like my little green lights reading 90... (BPs)

Just made mine. I love it. It looks cool, and works really well. I did the second design. Also, just a tip: Some dimmers have a red and a black wire, instead of black and black. It's still the same as black and black, so don;t worry about the colors.

Well keep in mind pat that with any regulating device you need to give it time to actually regulate, so don't think that it's all said and done already.

Well keep in mind pat that with any regulating device you need to give it time to actually regulate, so don't think that it's all said and done already.

Oh, I know. I just connected it to the UTH, but I tried it out on the lamp. That's what I meant about it working well.

i made one with the outlets and dimmer in one box. i have a setting marked on the dial and the cover for light and pad, and a seperate setting for pad only. this way i can regulate with or without light.....cause sometimes its nice to see him later in the evening without disrupting his temps :) great diagram/walkthrough.

If I could give more than just one rep, I would. I managed to make the double one and I LOVE it. Thank you so much

If you are unsure which wire is which in a premade cord, check out the tines of the plug. One should be narrower than the other. The narrow tine, spade, metal thingy (I can't think of the proper term tonite :D) is the hot (+~120VAC) side, and the wider tine is the neutral. And therefore the corresponding wires should be the same. So if the narrow is on the left, the hot wire is on the left.

ok so i did this and for some reason mine wont turn on..i have a on and off switch on the lamp itself..i leave the switch on and nothing happens??whats wrong??

like it all works but i cant dim it...and when i push the dimmer button in to turn it on or off..it cuts off all power in my house..i dont have a camera rite now..

Hmmmm? I've made two of these and so far no problems. I would take it a part and put it back together slower and try to follow the steps very close.

yea i got one of those day lights and those red lights...neither of them dim...i dont know..thanks anyway

like it all works but i cant dim it...and when i push the dimmer button in to turn it on or off..it cuts off all power in my house..i dont have a camera rite now..

hey sweets you got a short somewhere if its effecting the other lights in your house. Make sure you have NO wires touching that shouldn't be. eek!

on a different note
I am picking up a 6 gang box 2 outlets and 4 dimmers this week and splitting the outlets so the top plug is ran off one dimmer and the bottem half another :)

and i'll build a box i can mount somewhere so I don't have to wrap a 6 gang box in elc tape! hahahaha this will control 2 uth's and 1 che and one extra for future use :)

might be a bad dimmer ... it happens ... or if you had a short you might have burnt out the dimming mechanism depending on the type of dimmer ...

maybe..it was an expensive dimmer..like i said everything works but it just wont dim..can it be the bulb?? like it wont let the bulb dim...lol

Are you sure the polarity is right going into the dimmer? If it is electronic it may make a difference.

Back