• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is it normal?

Amberjolly

Hi my corn snake jumps when I touch him. When I'm holding him he us fine but when he slithers away to much and I put my hand on his stomach to pick him up he jerks away and flinches is this normal?
Thankyou.

My snake does this also, I believe it's just a response or maybe it's because they have sensitive skin? I have to pick him up quickly and firmly because he flinches and slithers away really quick it I'm gentle. Seems normal, but mine is a baby (and therefore a natural prey item, with matching instincts), so I'm not sure.

i have 2week old corn snake. mine was doing the same thing until i played with him for like 2 hrs a day. after about 3 days, he was fine.

Thankyou all I thought its just because he is still young and hasn't been held as much as he should so hopefully once I hold him a lot he will stop :p also my girlfriend wanted me to ask if its normal for him to constrict on us not to the point where he is cutting off circulation or anything just enough that you can tell he is wrapped tight on our arm etc he hasn't really done this to me but the other day he did it to her and she got a little freeked out so I thought I'd ask to ease her mind. (She said he wraped tight enough that her arm tingled a bit before I took him off)

Back