• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kinks? Rickets?

Myca

I found a very small corn snake at one of the pet stores I stalk and just had to hold it. This very little corn snake was very skeletal. Very emaciated. They said it had come in that way. I was struck with how thin this poor snake was. I noticed at regular intervals, I saw very small knots along the top of the spine. I assumed they were the crest of each back bone because the snake was so thin, but I am not sure what I was seeing. They weighed it while I was there and it weighed 56 gms so it was not a baby. Anyway, they decided to put it in the back and try it bring it around. I stopped in today and they told me it had gained 10 gms in the week they had it. It was out cruising it's bin, still in the back. I thought it had perked up since I had seen it before but I was still amazed at how thin it is.
Could those be kinks caused by malnutrition or really part of the skeleton?

Back