• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

lava caramels?

chausies

has anyone tried combining the lava hypo gene with caramel? I am curious how this would look.

charlene

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

chausies said:
has anyone tried combining the lava hypo gene with caramel? I am curious how this would look.

charlene
I have a group of 2004 Hets for Lava Butter Motleys that should breed this year. I brought them up not long ago and they are doing very well. There are 2.5 in the group, so even though some of the odds are pretty long, we should see some interesting results. In my mind, the odds of producing the Mutant you ask about are 1/16 from the hets, but the predicted results below reduces those odds due to the Amel genes involvement. Some of the Lava Caramels will be Lava Butters. I think my goal in this project are Lava Caramel Motleys, but since Lavamels are distinctive, then the addition of the Caramel gene to them, may prove to be interesting as well.

I attached a couple of photos of one of the hets. As you can see, they are very yellow coming from the Caramel line. The comparison Corn is a Het for Striped Lava Lavender. The addtion of the Caramel gene has some dramatic results. All other Lava multiple hets look very simular to the Het for Striped Lava Lav.

Male = het. Butter, het. Amel, het. Caramel, het. Lava, het. Motley
Female = het. Butter, het. Amel, het. Caramel, het. Lava, het. Motley

Offspring predicted as:

---This is a PHENOTYPE only report-----------------
81/256 Normal
27/256 Amelanistic
27/256 Caramel
9/256 Butter
27/256 Lava
9/256 Amelanistic, Lava
9/256 Caramel, Lava
3/256 Butter, Lava
27/256 Motley
9/256 Amelanistic, Motley
9/256 Caramel, Motley
3/256 Butter, Motley
9/256 Lava, Motley
3/256 Amelanistic, Lava, Motley
3/256 Caramel, Lava, Motley
1/256 Butter, Lava, Motley

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 94
wow, that sounds like a very cool project you have going. I am interested in seeing the results of those matings.

Back