• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

leaving a pinkie in a trap - how long?

Hi all:
As I posted yesterday, one of my new baby blizzards (3 months old) escaped through the side of the tub through the holes I burned in there with a wood burner. I was sure the holes were smaller than her head but I was wrong.

I am building traps from large plastic pop bottles.

How long can I leave a pinkie in there before I should change it?

Also, by putting pinkies in the bottles, that will scent the inside of the bottles right? Will it still be enough scent if I put a pinkie in there every week, leave it there for a day and then remove the pinkie so the rotting carcus doesn't stink up the house?

Thanks.

I had to build traps for my snake Tracy..
I used dirty rodent litter for bait. I had 8 bottle traps. My plan was to narrow down the location of the snake and then bait with pinky parts when I was sure where the snake was. I laid down trails of flour (I would use something else like sand now. My vacuum did NOT like flour) as when the snake crosses it, it will leave a little streak pointing where the snake went. after 2 days of no streaks and no snakes in trap, I found her in my wife's underwear drawer. I still think my idea was practical and more economically feasible then buying 8 pinkys every day until I caught a snake.

attackturtle said:
I found her in my wife's underwear drawer.

I will check my underwear drawer too as I am sure mine is just as exciting as your wife's.

Ya, the flour thing is brutal on vaccums eh? Mine just kicked it out the other end after coughing a bit.

I must say, I am becoming one with the mind of a snake. I am looking for warm dark places in my house, laying down alot with a flash light looking at things from her perspective. She must think me a terrible housekeeper!

How big was the snake you found?

Tracy : )

Back