• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Long shed

surfrkidTS

Well, its been 9 days since my female went blue, and she is still blue! Nothing has changed around here as far as humidity or anything to i don't know what is wrong with her. Nothing has changed: temps, humidity, or feeding. I guess she'll shed when she feels like it but 9 days of being blue has never happened to me before :\

Sometimes, the cage can be humid enough, but its just not enough for the snake. I had a rat snake stay opaque for about 2 weeks once. His cage was plenty humid, but he still didn't drop his skin. I though he was going to blow his shed at first. His water dish wasn't very big, so I put one in there that he could completely submerge and soak in (which was hard because he was a GIANT at almost 8 feet long) and after about a day of soaking, his eyes went clear and he shed the next day. If she does blow her shed, don't worry too much about her. Sometimes, a feeding can help stretch the skin a little bit, enough for it to loosen up. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some shed's take longer than others. Sometimes it depends on how much the snake has grown since the last shed to determine how big theis shed will be. Keep me posted and let me know ehat happens.

BTW If you breed Ziba and Xerxeslet me know. That should be a pretty clutch of babies!

she passed her shed early this morning, i guess she just wanted to wait for the right time! I would totally have planned on breeding xerxes abd ziba next summer but she has a small kink and most people have told me not to risk it. Hopefully I will find a fitting mate for Xerxes soon!

Back