• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph help please :)

aha! I can see I'm getting a bit better with my snake types/ morphs ;)

in the pictures on that web site your right the head is a bit, different BUT to me.. he looks the EXACT same as the the grey oaks rat snake that I seen today while getting my feeders. only larger, but the one in my shop was still a very handsome animal and pretty cheap too! I think he was 80 dollars. :) (was strongly fighting asking to look at him urges..) LOL

but he/she is an amazing find! - give him some strong vines or branches to climb on I've read that some will even eat in the branches! their pretty neat snakes! ;)

you may just be right lol, I don‘t know if he is full rat snake though. I will put some branches and see if he takes to them...so far he is quite lazy! I say you go back to the shop for that snake ;-) if you can‘t stop thinking about it, its meant to be!!

Aha! I tottaly would too if I had the room for him.. :(

AND I already have my heart set on a African house snake-just need to save up some more! :eek:

oh! and its pretty funny that you say he's lazy.. the one the shop looked really lazy too! just laying in the front of tank, that's another reason that I checked him out! :)

maybe the branches with liven the poor boy up! ;) get him movin!

BAH room, you can always find space...who sleeps on beds anymore anyway!?
I‘ll have to look up African house snake but awesome! You‘ll have to post pics when you do :-D. Ugh saving money...i hear that, I should be getting a blue tongued Skink from a great breeder in Winnipeg as long as I have enough...not easy lol

aha! too true! I slept I the couch for years when I was younger because I had a hedgehog.. LOL and in all honesty I don't miss it! ;)

I would LOVE to get a rack system one day down the road.. but my boyfriends not a fan of them. and i am quite happy with my baby corn for now, he makes my day! :eek: I couldn't of asked for a BETTER starter snake!

and the African house snake really arnt much too look at on photos they just look like a brown snake.. but in person their pretty gorgeous animals well atleast I think they are! aha but just the fact that they are soon unheard of is what kind of made them stick out to me in the first place,
:) something different ya know?

your right Justine, he does kind of look like one..I found this post http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73966 this snake looks a lot like him, just the head and neck part are a bit off and head shape.

Just keep in mind though, yours is definitely not a Gray Ratsnake, or "white oak" phase Gray Ratsnake (which are the lighter phase of Gray Rat ). However, it is a possibility that it has some substantial Gray Ratsnake influence in its genetic background. That isn't even certain, just very possible. If it's a ghost CORNSNAKE, it's got some odd features. But I have seen a few odd looking ghost corns that were similar too. In short, that one is tough to ID with certainty, just as it is with many types of snakes in today's hobby now days.

~Doug

Silverqueens aren't rare at all. I've sold them in wholesale assortments to several pet stores as just ghost corns. Although there can be some variability to them (like any morph), your animal looks like many of mine.

Attachments

• 600258_251539418280360_727166794_n.jpg
    600258_251539418280360_727166794_n.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 24
Back