• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Music quiz

Ok, here's a hint; this particular artist was featured on Kanye West's "College Dropout" album, and had a hit with UGK a couple years back.

Talib Kweli

(Producer: DJ Hi-Tek)

"Train Of Thought"

Interesting reading about this album.....one of the jazz influences is the luscious Nina Simone, one of my favorite vocalists. I actually had a female normal het sunkissed named after her. :)

Dale

I'm definitely impressed. Even with the hint I thought it would be tough to guess. As for the Nina Simone influence, I had no idea. He references her quite a bit, and this particular album is pretty soulful. If you ever get a chance I urge you to listen. As a jazz fan, I would be very interested in what you think of it. It's very much off the beaten path as far as hip-hop is concerned. One song I really love off it is called "Love Language". It's real deep. I hope you check it out.

By the way, the song right after it called "Love Speakeasy" is 100% instrumental, and is a great piece of music. It sounds kind of strange, but it almost seems lyrical by the way he uses the saxophone in it. It has such a great sound and everytime I hear it I get the chills. A lot of people just write the hip-hop genre off as "bells and whistles", but this album definitely dispels that notion, and I really hope you give the two songs particularly a listen. I think you'll be "wowed"!.

I guess I'm a little overdue in getting a new album cover posted, so here you go.....

Artist and Album Title, please.....

newalbumcover.jpg

Dale

I guess I'm a little overdue in getting a new album cover posted, so here you go.....

Artist and Album Title, please.....

View attachment 104108

Dale
It looks like there is some sort of hint in the art itself, but I can't read it well enough. It looks like theirs an "O" a "K", and maybe an "8" at the end. Maybe I'm way off, but I'll try looking at it again. I'll be extremely proud with myself if I happen to figure it out, because it is tough. It does look like something a 90's alternative rock group would do, but that doesn't really help narrow it down. Kudos on a very tough cover, and I look forward to solving it; maybe!!!.

I can do that too.
Here's one that's kind of like the last one:

cullers.jpg

Except there's no snowman or kitty this time.

It's "almost like the last one", almost.
The two albums came out at nearly the same time, but the timing on this album was different, it's famous for it.

Thanks Dale, it was a jazz geek clue for sure.
One of our favorites, my Sweetie likes it in the car.

Yep, and IIRC, each cut on that album has its own distinct time signature. A great album.....Paul Desmond played a sweet alto.

Dale

I can do that too.
Here's one that's kind of like the last one:

Except there's no snowman or kitty this time.

You're right...but it does have a snake, a wagon wheel, an onion, a deviled egg, one of those nerf footballs with the fins, and a pac man

cdcd.jpg

Sorry for the bad photoshopping, I did my best in the least amount of time possible.

Back