• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My hatchling Snow.

Dibari

Here is Lathe. :) I think he's gorgeous.

His temporary enclosure. I have full intention to get him a 30 gallon breeder or larger when I get an apartment.
P1060342.jpg

Lathe himself!
P1060344.jpg

P1060356.jpg

P1060358.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Beautiful snow! My very first was a snow, so I've always had such an attatchment to the cute little guys. Congrats!

Thanks!

Thanks everyone, he seems to be adjusting well and he takes to handling beautifully, though of course he's always looking for something more interesting than me ;)

I do worry about the UTH, even on high with a rheostat it's only getting up to 80 degrees on the surface of the aspen bedding. It's warm to the touch, but just doesn't seem to want to push past 80 and him being so young, I was hoping to get him up to 86 or so atleast. Any thoughts?

I do worry about the UTH, even on high with a rheostat it's only getting up to 80 degrees on the surface of the aspen bedding. It's warm to the touch, but just doesn't seem to want to push past 80 and him being so young, I was hoping to get him up to 86 or so atleast. Any thoughts?
What I would do is see how hot it is right where the surface of the container touches the UTH. My corns often burrow under the aspen so it might be hotter the closer he gets to the UTH. I wouldn't let the surface where the UTH touches get hotter than 90 degrees or so. If anyone knows better, feel free to correct me.

Hope this helps!

What I would do is see how hot it is right where the surface of the container touches the UTH. My corns often burrow under the aspen so it might be hotter the closer he gets to the UTH. I wouldn't let the surface where the UTH touches get hotter than 90 degrees or so. If anyone knows better, feel free to correct me.

Hope this helps!

Oh wow, you're right. I applied the probe to the bottom where the heating pad was and it's 96! Turning it down some, noticed that Lathe was lingering somewhere in the middle, it's probably too hot for the poor guy by a bit. Thanks :)

Oh wow, you're right. I applied the probe to the bottom where the heating pad was and it's 96! Turning it down some, noticed that Lathe was lingering somewhere in the middle, it's probably too hot for the poor guy by a bit. Thanks :)

Yeah... Don't worry though. I've made that mistake too. However, I think that for the most part, if it gets too hot there, they just won't go there (unless something necessitates it). So even if you left it that hot, you'd probably be okay. But now, at least, you KNOW!

Glad to be of service!

Back