• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my siamese mice

chausies

here are a few of my siamese mice, standard coats and satins.

Attachments

• closeupsiam1.jpg
    closeupsiam1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 167
  • satinsiamM1.jpg
    satinsiamM1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 166
  • siamM3_edited-1.jpg
    siamM3_edited-1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 167
  • siamMs2_edited-1.jpg
    siamMs2_edited-1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 167
Dang...when I opened the thread I was hoping to see conjoined twin mice...but I guess this will do! :rolleyes:

Very cute little fluff-balls!

princess said:
Dang...when I opened the thread I was hoping to see conjoined twin mice...but I guess this will do! :rolleyes:

HA HA HA HA HA HA. that's very funny but I was thinking that too, I guess great mines think alike :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Super cute aren't they. We have some as well. We have been trying to breed them and have had some difficulty. But maybe this next go round it will work out. It's amazing how we have mice for our "hobby" and the love of snakes, but when they are so darn cute you almost have to get into the "hobby" of raising mice so the cute ones stick around awhile!!! Thanks for sharing the pics, they are gorgeous! :)

thanks curiousL. Siamese are amongst my favorite mice. I have had mice longer than I have had snakes. I started breeding mice in 1989 and up until then I only had snakes that ate frogs and fish and bugs. My first pet mouse came before my first pet snake (but I have been catching both since I was old enough to know what a snake was.) It wasn't until I started raising mice that I got into cornsnakes, and then later a few other species of snakes that actually eat mice. :grin01:

Part of the reason that I have the snakes that I do now is because of my love of mice of many kinds. Fancy mice have a limited market, so I always had some to spare. But having snakes allows me to cull my mouse numbers (so I don't get overrun) and I don't have to worry about too many males at once. So, I get the best of both worlds - breeding all the kinds of mice that I adore, keeping (and hopefully breeding) a few varieties of beautiful snakes, and not getting overrun with mice.

charlene

Part of the reason that I have the snakes that I do now is because of my love of mice of many kinds. Fancy mice have a limited market, so I always had some to spare. But having snakes allows me to cull my mouse numbers (so I don't get overrun) and I don't have to worry about too many males at once. So, I get the best of both worlds - breeding all the kinds of mice that I adore, keeping (and hopefully breeding) a few varieties of beautiful snakes, and not getting overrun with mice.

charlene[/QUOTE]

That's cool, we have some fancy mice as well, but we don't feed them off we plan on breeding them. It's funny because it seems as though there are quite a few people interested in purchasing fancy mice. Do you breed them to sell or just as a hobby??? Well thanks for sharing your mice stories...I enjoyed it!!! :)

They are primarily a hobby for me and I sell as many for pets as possible. When I started breeding fancy mice I had a few petstores that would purchase my mice, rats, and hamsters. As chain pet stores became more the standard, less and less pet stores want to buy from local/small breeders. I now sell strictly direct to the public. The mice that I am unable to sell for pets are culled for snake food (so I don't get swamped with mice, and so I can continue to work with these lines.) I don't overbreed my mice, and I have a larger collection of snakes now, so the mice produce far less than my snakes eat. I now buy most of my feeder mice from the larger producers that ship direct to my door.

These have got to be the absolute cutest of the pics you have posted. They are great!! (perhaps I'm partial to them since I have a Siamese cat :)

princess said:

Don't worry I had the same thought lol. :grin01:

Back