• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

need help on finding a Terrarium for cornsnake

Bloodred

Hi I used to live in Louisiana and now I live in Indiana due to hurricane and was wondering anyone know any good petshops that sell reptile Terrarium ?
I need a 15gal. or a 20gal. for my ghost cornsnake he's getting pretty big now and I can't seem to find a good petstore in Indiana like I had in Louisiana
if anyone know of a petstore in Indiana that sells reptile terrarium or in any of the close states? Petsmart doesn't have many terrariums and if there's a online store that sells good terrariums please let me know.

Man, that whole displacement thing due to the hurricane sucks. It's good that you seem to be coping. :)

I don't live in Indiana, but I was wondering if you have looked at other options besides glass tanks. Many department stores (e.g. Target, Wal-Mart) sell plastic storage tubs that work great as enclosures. And they are very inexpensive. Of course, if you're looking for a nice display viv, these aren't the best choice. Just wanted you to be aware of the option. Good luck!

Ok thanks alot. I hope we move somewhere where's there's more snakes I loved taking pictures of garter snakes in my bushes and little frogs too.

Hi bloodred, maybe do a search on the net and find a good used one? I found 2 20 gal aquarums, loaded with all the exo terra stuff, hides, critter topper, heating pad, plants. $40 Canadian each.

Kathy

there are a couple of places in south bend, nothing real special though, i just heard about another specialty reptile store in this area but i havent found it yet.

I have had a lot of luck in finding castoffs from people then thoroughly cleaning them up myself.

Look for garage sales [which will be BOOMING once the weather turns], look in the local paper's classifieds, and you might also try ebay.

The problem with buying a viv at petsmart is the cost- for new glass tanks you are talking about close to a hundred dollars for a tall 20, and then you'll need a UTH, rheostat, and a clipped and vented lid just for starters.

Better IMHO to buy used, sacrifice a small amount of beauty [maybe some nicked edges, etc] for a much cheaper used tank that you can then turn into a TRUE viv by adding all the play and hide elements that make the home truly comfortable and beautiful for your pet.

Someone also suggested a sweater box/sterilite kind of hab for your snake; this could also be a low-rent alternative until you find the perfect aquarium/viv you want.

By way of comparison I got a 30 gal tank for around $50 [I actually traded some labor/personal effort for the tank!] and a 20gal tall for free from a friend- just ask around, keep your eyes open, and realize that your corn will be just as happy in a temporary plastic home as in a fancier home- just provide the heat, substrate and hides for your ghost baby. . .

. . . And realize that it's you that wants the nicer view so save yourself the $$$ until you find something that works for you- the money you'll save will be well worth your investment in patience and searching!

GL with your quest!

Back