• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new 2006 babies

pcar

PCar's Reptiles
Clutches are finally hatching for me, and here are pictures of the first 5 snakes out. This was a clutch of 9 eggs, and so far 5 babies have hatched. Still have 4 eggs that haven't hatched yet, so they probably won't. I am letting them incubate till the rest of the eggs hatch.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

strange looking guy (I have 2 of these):
Strange_looking_resize.jpg

Ghost-ish guy:
Ghost-ish_resize.jpg

Anery and Normal:
Normal_and_Anery_resize.jpg

The first picture I haven't figured out what he is yet. I have two snakes like this, they remind me of Hypo's, but I am not totally sure, and the second one looks Ghost-ish to me, but also resembles one of my really light lavenders, so I am torn with him too. This clutch was created by crossing a
Hypo het Anery A and Amel with a Snow (unknown hets).

well, I really love the funky borders on that 1st one, and although I'm not a huge fan of anerys, that anery is smokin'!

I'm blown away by the size of the borders on that hypo! It does have an ultra look to it, which if that were the case then the ghost would be an ice ghost. It does look very pale. What are the genetics in these?

The mother was a hypo het Amel and Anery (purchased from Dakota Corns last year I believe...will have to check on that), and the father was a Snow with unknown hets purchased from PetCo about 5 years ago. I bred the father to a snow and produced nothing by snows last year. This year is a mystery though.

Mother:
Flame_2_800x600.jpg

Father:
Snowie_800x600.jpg

Ok, just did a little bit of research into who I got the Hypo from. she did come from Drizzt80 at Dakota Corns, and he stated that she is Hypo het Charcoal possibly Amel, anery A.

Not sure if any of that will help. I have a Blizzard that will be ready to breed next year, but she is a she, so I will have to wait till 09 to test breed one of those interesting looking hypo's to see if they are carrying the Charcoal gene. I might just pair up This snow and the Blizzard next year and see what pops out.

Paul,
I got your PM, and in lieu of sending back to you AND posting here, I just figured I'd post here. Interesting results from the pairing! Of first note is the ghost you posted is very similar to most of the ghosts I hatched out from the sibling male (bred to a ghost female who had the same father as the hypo):
PG06095.jpg

Anyway, the female you purchased was hatched in 2004, and was the results of a cross between my male Normal het Coral Snow (AM, AY, HY) and my female SerpenCo Phantom who proved out to be homo Anery as well (It's the female Phantom Carol has been bragging about! :) ) So, you have proven that she is het for Anery which I had listed as possible at the time I sold her to you, and forgot to update you that the mother was homo Anery.

Here's the parents:
Male
NO002m.jpg

Female (pic is from before selling her to Carol)
PH001f.jpg

Hope this helps shed some light on the subject?! :shrugs: With the female Phantom being from Rich, who the heck knows!! :) Let me know if there's any other information you might need that I might possibly have.
D80

thanks for the info Brent. That helps to shed some light on what I am seeing. I guess my snow is het for Hypo, but still leaves me up in the air with that first snake. If anymore questions come up that you might be able to help out with, I will let you know.

pcar said:
thanks for the info Brent. That helps to shed some light on what I am seeing. I guess my snow is het for Hypo, but still leaves me up in the air with that first snake. If anymore questions come up that you might be able to help out with, I will let you know.
I'm not one to guess from phenotype, but with all that pink he's got, I'd almost wonder if he's homo for Hypo, and is a Coral Snow :shrugs: The percentages right now match up to that with 3 out of 5 eggs being Hypo (2 Hypo's and a Ghost). That's over the expected 50% result from a het crossed to a homo.

D80

Drizzt80 said:
I'm not one to guess from phenotype, but with all that pink he's got, I'd almost wonder if he's homo for Hypo, and is a Coral Snow :shrugs: The percentages right now match up to that with 3 out of 5 eggs being Hypo (2 Hypo's and a Ghost). That's over the expected 50% result from a het crossed to a homo.

D80

I guess I have never seen a coral snow as a hatchling, so I don't really know what to expect, but to have that much color in a snow hatchling is beyond me. But I will be keeping both of these guys and the Ghost and doing some test breeding in the near future, to a snow, a blizzard, and maybe back to their parents, to see if that will help in determining what genes are at play.

Thanks again for all the help D80.

pcar said:
I guess I have never seen a coral snow as a hatchling, so I don't really know what to expect, but to have that much color in a snow hatchling is beyond me.
You do realize I meant the father of the clutch (snow) as being a possible coral snow?!

D80

Very nice offspring!!!
That first one looks exactly like one of my hypo's poss. het charcoal, the same colour, gray borders etc.

Arjan

Drizzt80 said:
You do realize I meant the father of the clutch (snow) as being a possible coral snow?!

D80

no, I didn't realize that you were talking about the father. now that you mention it, He does look a little like some of the coral snows I have seen in pictures. Thanks

Back