• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New baby corn

Teric506

Hi Everybody,

I am new here and just bought my son a reverse okeetee for his birthday. I think I am just as excited to get him as my son is, which is funny. I don't actually get him until next friday, I need to get all of the supplies and it is supposed to be a surprise for my son. I do have a picture of him already though, I think he is sooo cute.

We are beginners to snakes and I have read a lot about the corns but was wondering if anybody had any suggestions about handling techniques or anything else that they find works really well for them. I'm glad to be here.

Teri

Attachments

• baby corn.jpg
    baby corn.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 69
Welcome. Nice little amel. He looks young, so remember that he can't hurt you, even if he gave a tiny defensive strike. So as far as handling technique goes, just go in slowly and grab him-- don't hesitate. Hold him in a way that allows him freedom of movement, but at your discretion. They can still crawl through a reasonably firm grasp. I like to hold a young snake until it calms down completely. It's like a contest, and if you're always the winner, your little guy will eventually lose most of his fighting spirit. Good luck!

Beautiful snake! I never had any problems just picking up my hatchling. They are a little fast at first, but none of mine ever tried to bite or strike. They are friendly by nature! That is what i love about them!

Back