• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

On the first part of the Journey

pcar

PCar's Reptiles
I was looking at all the life....

The first thing I met was:

Chihua Female Hypo Desert King

IMG_1634_Resized.jpg

IMG_1636_Resized.jpg

IMG_1635_Resized.jpg

Mojave: Male Desert King 66% het hypo

IMG_1638_Resized.jpg

IMG_1639_Resized.jpg

IMG_1640_Resized.jpg

thought about putting that in there, but didn't have a good picture of a buzzing fly.

You're leaving out the most important issue! ... What was the horse's name?

Nice looking kings. :wavey:

Kitty said:
You're leaving out the most important issue! ... What was the horse's name?
I thought that the most important thing was that it was good to be out of the rain.

Man, I did I ever dig a trench in the grooves of THAT vinyl.

(And if you don't know the meaning of the above sentence, git offa my lawn, ya punk.)

regards,
jazz

LOL

I may be young, but I have close to 500 vinyls that my parents gave me when I moved out. Now I just need to fix my turn table.

I remember buying the America debut vinyl at a Woolworth's in NJ, and taking it back the next day cause it didn't have that song on it! What a dope :dunce: The first pressings didn't have "Horse" on them. It was the B side to Sandman I believe, and some DJ flipped the 45 over and BAM! Those original pressings fetch a pretty penney these days. Oh Paul, did I mention how cool those kings are :grin01:

I stand corrected!

The album, simply titled America, was initially released in 1971 to only moderate success. Samwell and Dexter subsequently brought the trio to Morgan Studios to record several additional songs. One of them was a piece written by Bunnell called "Desert Song." Highly impressed with its potential, Samwell persuaded him to retitle it "A Horse With No Name".

"A Horse With No Name" became a major worldwide hit in early 1972. America's debut album was re-released with the hit song newly added, and quickly went platinum. The album spawned a second major chart hit with Beckley's "I Need You". Other fan favorites from the album included "Sandman", "Riverside" and "Three Roses".

:wavey:

Gorgeous pair of kings you have there!

But now I have to go steal Tim's America CD so I can hear that song because it's stuck in my head. Bah... only found the Eagles.. So when the hubby asks why I didn't get any sleep, can I blame all ya old fogies for getting a song stuck in my head?? :sidestep:

Did I mention the kings were neat?

Jenn

Thanks for the comments on the kings, and for all the history lessons on a band that plays in my house a lot.

Mrs InsaneOne said:
So when the hubby asks why I didn't get any sleep, can I blame all ya old fogies for getting a song stuck in my head??

Hey now, I ain't an old foggy yet...at least 30 years away from that title.

pcar said:
Hey now, I ain't an old foggy yet...at least 30 years away from that title.
lol.. My apologies, I have to remember that not everyone who likes tasteful music comes from a generation older then me like my husband! lol

Jenn

Back