• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression Thread - Levi the Snow

Might not see their poop when they are that small, depending upon your substrate; if you're that concerned, maybe you could use soft paper towel sheets as a substrate right now. But as long as he's active and eating, I wouldn't worry so much, as he looks fine!

With tiny hatchlings it's even possible he's pooped and you haven't found it. Also, light colored babies tend to be translucent (yes, don't worry), so you could also look through him and see if there's something before the vent if you want to make sure. I know it sounds gross, but can help you when in doubt until your little one is more established and you know his routines better.
Very nice baby, love his pattern.

Nah! None of that bodily stuff bothers me as long he's in good health. I thought it's pretty to see what's inside him and what's coming out next hah. He's currently living on shredded aspen. I'll try to dig a little more next time I spot check his tank. Thank you though!

You will find snake presents you missed when you change out the aspen. We all do. The good news is that as long as you spot clean what you see, the small dessicated ones you miss usually are not a problem.

I checked his tub today after I moved him to the tank once my thermostat got here. He poop! On the side of course... But I'm happy that he left me a present and he's doing fine as usual.

aepdUBMh.jpg

Just staring at the sun. He's getting bigger :DD and body is coming in nicely.No shed yet though, not sure when to expect that. His pink is starting to get a little lighter.

Haven't updated in a while, been really busy with life and settling back to my old job. Doesn't stop me from giving this guy some love everyday.

QCbz5WQh.jpg

Beaaar. 15g as of this weekend.

cRQcdRKh.jpg

S1hKQeIh.jpg

I had a little trouble with feeding today after I messed up and he learned that it was dead already. But he took it butt end after second try.

9GWQ3h5h.jpg

Half way dooown~ 3g pinkie still looks huge on him.

He has yet to shed, it's been a month last I brought him home. I guess I still need to learn a snake's intuition. But overall things have been great, he's really settling in, now I just need to work on my feeding skills.

He is soooo cute. What a little bundle of adorable. Is there anything cuter?

Looks like he's eating that pinkie like a champ!

Feeding day! He weights at 18g now :D I'm so proud of Levi~ His pinkie today is 4g, and I have alot of 2-3gs left over urgh.. Levi took his time taking this one down because the legs on the pinkie were spread out :\.

9pEwbysl.jpg

rHpuwV4l.jpg

FgrWHoHl.jpg

darn leg.

CEpVqO9l.jpg

lenEkXFl.jpg

LHGRMVol.jpg

"more please!"

Go Levi I love that last pic. It's a classic. My best to your sweet little one!

You can always feed 2-2gram pinks or even a 2 and a 3 so as not to waste them. I recently threw out just a few because of age, but that was the only reason.

Ahh so he's at the double pinkie stage? I'm a little worried about overfeeding him, don't want a sausage for a snake. But thanks for letting me know! I bet he'll be excited about taking down two mice!

Thank you for your compliments to Levi!

Does anyone know why their eyes get darker while they eat? After getting him, it's been really fascinating learning how snakes work.

Back