• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Another little photo dump. You can see that Clyde is getting a little dusky in what I call early shed. Note that he's not in blue and his eyes are clear, but he's going from caramel to chocolate color.

SJLZDbxh.jpg

0a5k7dqh.jpg

V44ezlAh.jpg

CdTgqB7h.jpg

3c7smIAh.jpg

Thanks Ken. I agree that it is pretty appearant once you know what you are looking for. It is wonderful when you get to the point that you can see the more subtle signs and behaviors!

Clyde shed the other evening. He looks dark in these pictures, but he is back to his normal caramel color in person. Anyway, we had a wonderful lazy Sunday morning watching Animal Planet in bed on the iPad.

vo6wAz1h.jpg

0EWEPmNh.jpg

kZVRSACh.jpg

And look at his muscle tone! I hope he ate after his shed, otherwise that lioness is a goner for sure! Clyde OWNS the African plains.

Last edited:
Thanks Karl and DLena. He wasn't interested in the iPad until the lions came on. There may be something to that!

2 Years Old!

Clyde turned 2 on July 24. He's a darling little snake and of course lives a very loved and pampered life.

He's doing fine though he skips a meal or two here and there. I have no doubt that he is now sexually mature and that his feeding strikes are related. His last weight was 103 grams and with his intermittent eating, he's staying right around 100 grams. His length is 2 ft 3.5 inches. His last shed was on July 22.

All of these pictures are from the past month. I picked out the best.

One thing I've noticed with his maturity, besides his very male tail, is that he is much more iridescent and shiny than ever before. I think any lady house snake would definitely be impressed!

These pictures are from the other day:

DbOy3e8h.jpg

nBJ0xQKh.jpg

0YL1ojBh.jpg

U4ejye8h.jpg

snaC5IHh.jpg

5ntdH1hh.jpg

sGv04tOh.jpg

These are both from the end of June. The second one is my current computer wallpaper.

CtBdmdeh.jpg

GpOC1uoh.jpg

This is his official birthday portrait. He was not cooperative that day, as in wouldn't sit still, so I only got one really good one.

mtLEzbah.jpg

The picture for your wallpaper is really nice. I just realized what you meant. (I am so pathetic.)

The picture for your wallpaper is really nice. I just realized what you meant. (I am so pathetic.)

Thank you. I think its officially called "background" these days but I'm an old computer fogey so don't change terms easily. (And of all they things you are NOT it is pathetic.)

Back