• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

question setting up new viv???

bubba6

hi,

I want to get a 55 gallon tank to house two corns in. I plan on splitting tank in middle and was wondering what size UTH i would need for each side? If anyone has done this, any thoughts would be appreciated! thanks. :headbang:

Would it be possible to get one and put it down the middle of the viv and then each side would have half of the heat mat?

NEVER HOUSE 2 SNAKES IN 1 TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow freak out...OP said they were splitting it in the middle, thus separating the snakes.

The bottom area actually will equal that of 2 20 gallon tanks when split evenly. So just two Zoo Med heaters that are good for a 20 gallon tank. I'd also suggest placing them on opposite sides (one on far right, one on far left) to allow for a proper gradient in each side.

NEVER HOUSE 2 SNAKES IN 1 TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you put a divider in, it's FINE. Calm down.

My hog was originally housed in a divided tank with a black pine snake in the other side. They're both thriving today, almost 10 years later!

OP, I agree with AshleyShadows, I think the 20 gal size would work well. Maybe get it set up a week in advance of moving the inhabitants in so you can make sure the temps are going to stay where you want them.

thanks..I thought it would be two 20 heaters but wanted to check. and yes it will be separated with a divider! the two snakes are housed in two 20l set ups now and wanted to put into one tank (with divider) to save space and put in living room without tanks everywhere. thanks again

Back