• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Reptiles at the Animal Rescue League?

ronlina

I know that the MSPCA here doesn't include reptiles, but is it more because of the lack of knowlage about herps, than the lack of resources? I want to try and get something together at the MSPCA, because there aren't any shelters I know of around my area yet in the wantads people are always getting rid of some reptile they don't want anymore.

Is this the case with all of the ASPCA's (in the us, that is, because I don't know the names of animal shelter's elsewhere) Does anyone know of an animal shelter that seems to take all types of animals?

I know I'd be willing to put the time and effort into getting this set up at my local MSPCA if they'll allow it, because there are so many reptiles that are just 'thrown away' and left uncared for.

Has anyone else tried this, or am I completely insane for thinking of it? I'd obviously need a plan and ask about funds, but as an idea right now it seems like a worthy cause..

I think our local shelter takes all kinds of animals and then refers them to rescues that take them. It sounds like a great idea though.

Back