• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shipped Leo DOA..

ronlina

I posted a thread a short while ago about getting a leopard gecko, asking for advice, - some of you guys asked me to tell you all how she arrived (she was a rescue, and was being shipped overnight)

Well this morning she came when FedEx said, 10:30 - but not alive and well. In fact, she wasn't alive at all. I was pretty devastated, I was so excited about finaly seein her. I was so upset - and I talked to the wife of the man who sent her to me (they're really nice poeple, the leo was packed great) and I'm not sure what we're going to do. I mean, she was a rescue and the couple is also very unhappy - but it was only a $40 shipment. Would it even be worth it to go after fed ex? do you think that's necessary? (Could it have just been a stress- related thing?)

I would feel bad asking a refund from teh couple. they put a lot of work into the leo an everything.

I guess I'm asking for support and advice. :(

Fed Ex will get you nowhere. If the person that shipped it to you is verified with Fed Ex they would have signed a waiver stating that Fed Ex is not liable for ANYTHING even if it was late, lost, or stolen still not their fault. If they are not verified then you are just admitting to Fed Ex that they sent you the Leo without being verified and it can come back on them.

Thanks for the feed back - the people who sold me the leo are nice people, and said they'd either refund my money or else send me one of the other resuces they have there. So, I'm going to try again and see if I can have one of the other geckos, and it'll be sent by another carrier.

Sad that FedEx doesn't take responsibility for what could be the fault of their workers, though - especially when their services are that pricy.

Back