• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So I have a toad now...

Greeling

My future sister in law gave me her year old fire belly toad. I've never kept amphibians long term before, much less a frog, so what do I do now you guys?

Is this an accurate care sheet?
http://www.frogforum.net/content/fire-bellied-toad-care-breeding-bombina-orientalis-relatives-123/

Is there more I should do? I have a spare 5g and 10g so setting him up should be no issue, but I just need to know how to go about it, also can they climb glass at all? The lid I have has a cut out for a filter, and I'd rather not toss it if I don't have to.

hi

I have had them in the past. they can climb but mine never really did. I was a "bad" kid and had them in with my fish with a floating platform with no lid by a window. I would on rare occasions find them in the window but they would hop back in the tank when i got close. i was 11 at the time btw...

but i would find a quick fix to just cover the cut out. Mcgiver it... cardboard, tape, cling wrap, ect... cheaper than buying a new screen top.

Well I went and redid his living quarters today, he was in a small critter keeper, his home for over a year, and something I wouldn't keep a betta fish in.

At least he's peppy XD

JjZ9QtU.jpg

Anyway this is what he has now. I'm not sure he knows what to do with all this space.

Pc4OXEG.jpg

He's got a java moss mat in there as well as the false plants, I figured he would enjoy it more then my fish do lol

Anyway just wanted to let you guys know I got him situated =3

Back