• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Poop Thread

It's Normal

The little brownish bits are what's left of the prey item, and the yellowish stuff is urates. Looks perfectly normal.

After an exhaustive search I couldn't find anything on this. One of my guys is going every day, and even if he goes, when I get him out, being on the carpet makes him go again. This doesn't seem normal.

I would agree it doesn't seem normal. I feed my snake on Sunday, he usually poops 2 to 3 days later.

So I would ask you a few follow up questions:

1. Are the poops every day solid and well formed or is it more like Diarrhea?
2. How often are you feeding the snake and what are you feeding it?
3. Are you allowing 48 to 72 hours of "No Handling" after a feed? (Most of us do not handle our snakes after feedings. We wait for the poop.)
4. What kind of temperatures are you running in your cage? Improper temps are the number one cause for "Digestive issues" in snakes. Corn snakes need a temp of 82 to 88 degrees to digest their food properly. (Most of us opt for around 85). If it's too hot or too cold it can and will effect their pooping.

Good Luck.

The poops are mostly solid. They look similar to the photos I see on here. He's 19g and I feed him either 2 2g pinkies or 1 4g fuzzy every 5 days. He gets a minimum of 2 days after eating before being handled and his enclosure is between 85°f and 71°f. He did regurgitate his meal 2 feedings ago but I had just moved him into a new enclosure and he was near shed. His poop had a horrible smell for a couple of days around the time of his shed but it no longer smells (as bad). I've only had him for 3 weeks so I don't know his history. He does seem to like the warm temps more so than my other guys.

Correction: 87° was the hottest spot I could find and 71° was the lowest spot I could find. The rest is a gradient between the 2.

I have seen some snakes that are fed 2 items actually have 2 poops instead of 1 big one. But it still doesn't seem right to be pooping every day.

It's concerning to say the least. I will monitor him closely. The fact his poop has less odor now is encouraging to me for some reason. Thanks for the help.

So I just got my corn snake about a week ago n just fed her Friday. And I took her out of the tank to get her used to it n I think she popped on me. It was broken and black but no yellow and smelled horribly. It's this poop. Define a regurge

A regurgitation, regurg for short, is when the snake vomits up the mouse. Based on how long the mouse was in the snake's digestive tract, it will look more or less like a mouse, but it will still be a solid mass, nothing like a poop.

Back