• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

transporting durring shed cycle?

cotner

hey everyone, so my little butter is about to shed for his second time soon and i was wondering if it would be safe to transport my little guy in a car for a few hours? or would that cause too much stress? can stress even affect shedding? Today is the first day he has shown signs of shedding, he is pailer in color and his eyes are cloudy. The reason i want to travel with him is because my little brothers 11th birthday is on tuesday the 27th and he said he'd really like to see the little snake since i will be visiting the family for a few days. hopefully he has shed before next tuesday when i take off on my trip home.

I have gotten snakes mid shed cycle and of course they had to travel in the car, had no problems. If concerned you can give him a moist hide to ensure a good shed.

No problem. I took my snakes all the way across the United States when I moved and my amel was in blue. At night in the hotel they all got water and my boy would soak overnight until I took out the water in the morning for travel. He shed just fine without any issues.

Back