• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Under Tank Heaters...not under???

Greenbeast

i get the impression a lot of you have glass or plastic vivs and have the UTH actually under the viv itself.

with wooden vivs this would seem to be not a good idea as the heat wouldn't transmit through as well.

In fact as i'm having a double viv cabinet made at the moment it would be impossible because putting the uth under the top viv would in fact make it inside the bottom viv

how do people peotect their snakes if the UTH is inside the viv?

I use wooden vivariums, so my mats are indeed inside the vivs themselves. I lay ceramic tiles down over the heat mats to keep the snakes off the mats, and the layer of aspen is thicker over my mats. My temps are fine and I've never had a problem doing it this way.

aha! another kent based snake keeper!

when you say ceramic tiles, is there a specific product or do you just mean wall tiles?

I bought a box of 40 basic white tiles from B&Q, very cheap. They do break quite easily, but they work very well at keeping the animal off the heat source. :)

where abouts in kent are you and do you know of any good breeders around?

i'm on the lookout for my second snake

I'm right down on the coast... east kent area.

I don't know of any breeders, I've looked myself, but I can recommend a very good reptile store if you're interested. They have some very unusual snakes (unusual for England, anyway!)

yeah where is this shop?

i found two breeders, both in canturbury, the first i got my first snake from and then another who i'm going to visit next week

Really? I work in Canterbury and I've never found any breeders. I don't suppose you would be able to give me some details? :)

The shop is Vanishing World, in Herne Bay. I get my feeder mice, and some of my exotic pets from there. You might bump in to me there LOL :crazy02:

Back