• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What might this be?

MerlinsPop

Local petshop is selling a snake that's been turned in. She has it labeled as a cornsnake, but after I said I was sure that it wasn't, she said she suspected that it might not be. If anything, it's a hybrid. He sure is pretty and was had a firm grip. I told the owner that I'd let her know what the informed opinion of the group was on what he is. She said she'd be glad to update the label.

Anyway, here it is:
100_0070.jpg

100_0069.jpg

The belly has no checkers, only a little peppering of color specks. I forgot to get a clean shot of the belly, and the owner tried to twist him around for me as I took a shot through the glass.
100_0073.jpg

Could this be a jungle corn?

Well his head sure is interesting! I don't think he's a pure corn either - but I'm no expert, I can't even guess what he's be mixed with! Lovely snake!

Some of those pics at Rich's site look VERY much like this guy. FYI - They're asking only $35 for him, or her.

You're going to make me cry! The reason I suspected it was an upper keys, is because I want one. I saw 'upper keys' hatchlings advertised for £70 ($140-ish), but they don't look right at all. For £35 I'd chew your arm off for that snake, let alone $35!

You're going to make me cry! The reason I suspected it was an upper keys, is because I want one. I saw 'upper keys' hatchlings advertised for £70 ($140-ish), but they don't look right at all. For £35 I'd chew your arm off for that snake, let alone $35!
Sounds like a negotiation is in order... ;)

:angry01: I live in the wrong darn country! Upper keys for $35!......grumble, mumble, bah-humbug!:angry01:

That is why you just buy it and don't say anything. Then a week later call her and tell her you found out what it was. lol

I suspect when I tell her what it is, the price will change...

Why? It's not like upper keys are a rare form of corns. No different than an okeetee or Miami. It's not like they carry the price tag of say a lav blood or something...

Why? It's not like upper keys are a rare form of corns. No different than an okeetee or Miami. It's not like they carry the price tag of say a lav blood or something...

Because they have a normal listed for $60 and an Amel for $75?

Back