• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Young male corn won't put his tail down?

AFI34974

My male corn, Apollo, is about 5 months old, and recently he started lifting his tail up off of the floor of his tank. The conditions in the tank are fine, he just keeps that part of his body lifted straight up in the air for some reason. It's only when he's slithering around, though. It looks quite strange and I can't find anything about it online. Has anybody else experienced this with their corn? Is it anything to be concerned about?

Thanks!

I had one do that too a while back but it stopped. Never figured out what it was but was thinking his tail fell asleep from staying coiled too long. Lol kinda like how you can't get your leg to do what you want when it falls asleep. After a few beers and a lot of thinking this was the only theory I had. Lol maybe someone else knows

What is your bedding? If it is the fine aspen, check his anal vent to see if he has some aspen stuck there. Sometimes it happens, even in adults.

Back