• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter Okeetee Progression Thread

Combining butter gene that turn red to yellow with a lineage bred for red-orange-yellow pigmentation was a good idee, indeed.

Thanks. No doubt the breeding on this animal is stellar. I really lucked into this one. As promisedhhere are a few natural light pictures.
ee9118df3501804f50fa511238cc3939.jpg

2c33b8da749416ca25990ed9f8319118.jpg

bdebd8db34d1622f0d1169bc6a913473.jpg

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Wow I hate to say I do no have a butter but they have always been one of my favorites!! I absolutely LOVE the yellow and yours is one of the most beautiful I've seen, so yellow!! A lot that I have seen have been more of a almost pinkish yellow

Nicole

Absolutely phenomenal looking. Never thought to make a cross like that. I may have to work on that.

So, are you planning to breed her?
Who was her breeder?
The breeder was Lee Abbott. She's only 220 g so breeding would be out of the question this coming season.

Honestly though I haven't planned on breeding. Imo you've got to have a game plan for the babies. I don't have the room nor the desire rightn now for a breeding project, and there's plenty of breeders out there with phenomenal snakes and no need for me to put more corns into a saturated market.

The breeder was Lee Abbott. She's only 220 g so breeding would be out of the question this coming season.

Honestly though I haven't planned on breeding. Imo you've got to have a game plan for the babies. I don't have the room nor the desire rightn now for a breeding project, and there's plenty of breeders out there with phenomenal snakes and no need for me to put more corns into a saturated market.

Understood and responsible. She's so incredibly beautiful that more than a few want to be able to get one, that's all. I understand that because to my tastes, she is as stunning as it gets! I imagine she was pretty pricey. If she wasn't, she should have been. ;)

The market is a problem. I also would have to think carefully before I bred anything. Even now, you can buy butter corns all day long but they don't look like yours.

It's been a while since I've posted or have been able to get pictures, but I grabbed a few outdoor shots of the fam today.

Good Ol' Sunshine

Totally stunning. The full body pic in the grass is my favorite but I love them all. Thanks for the update. I never tire of looking at this beauty!

Ooh I've seen a butter okeetee once before and was in love. And this one is even better! Sooooo yellow. I agree, it would be nice to see more of these around! Thanks for sharing.

Oh she's beautiful!! Yellow is my favorite color and she has such a pretty yellow

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

She looks like the picture of health in addition to being lovely. She is amazing. I think I will head to Daytona in August. I wonder if Lee is still around...

SO Pirate, she's coming along absolutely beautifully! I've dug, including emailing people, trying to add one of these beauties to my colony. Sadly, you're the only active person that seems to have this combo as I couldn't even reach Lee (tried 2 different emails IIRC).

I've a nice male Okeetee I picked up a few years ago locally that I have no clue of genetic background. Per the shop I got him from he's from a local breeder that has only provided the shop with Okeetees. I paired him to my female RO from Don; she's coming out of what I hope and appears to be her pre-lay shed - yeah for Aug/Sept hatchlings :bang: (late to the game this season). I'm hoping that I pop some ROs from the pairing in the off chance the male is het. If that's the case, next season he gets paired to a 2013 butter stripe holdback.

Hack/TL;DR aside.... She's looking awesome!

Thanks everyone. I lucked into this one. We're thinking about going to Daytona this year. My kid is pushing hard on me to get him a bearded dragon so i don't know if another corn is in the mix....yet. It'll be nice to hunt around for anotherllooker like this one. They're out there. It's just a matter of coming across one.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Back