• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo Cinder

hypnoctopus

Olivia Barron
This is my newest little guy, a hypo cinder from Jen at Ghost House Corns. I haven't handled him much (just for photos) and he seems very sweet. And I just LOVE his blue eyes! I love snakes with blue or pale eyes. Anyway, here he is:

100272_258564_VeryLarge_XsHYvJQTEfW.jpg

Does anyone have any good names for him? I love old-fashioned names for my snakes.

Wow, I wish I could take pics as good as that! I am glad you like him and thanks for the nice BOI post, Olivia!
@ Chip. the ones I have hatched here have had blue eyes but I don't think all hypo cinders do.

You got one. Yay

I've been eyeballing her hypo cinders for a while now and then I was afraid the weather would get too cold so I just had to have one right now! And I liked how unique her other one is but I also love pale hypo cinders so I went with the more 'normal' looking one.

... Still have to break it to the boyfriend though!

Well, Cinny is in blue tonight. I'm super excited for him to have his first shed with me. I'll post pictures once he sheds. :)

Cinny shed last night. I must have *just* missed it because it was still sort of moist. It was a perfect shed with both eyecaps and the tail tip and all in one piece too! I fed him tonight (he's also a very good little eater) and took some photos while he ate. Unfortunately, the flash really makes him look more red, but here he is anyway (I'll get some better photos when he's done digesting):

IMG-2429.jpg

I like that saddle that looks like a frog symbol! It's kind of across from the mouse bulge.

He looks good! He always was a little piggy!

It's always nice when they're good eaters - he doesn't mind me watching him or taking pictures while he eats. The first two times I fed him, he'd eagerly latch on to the mouse but then he wouldn't move for a least a few minutes. It was really weird, but now he eats them right away.

Coffee, anyone?

I just love this little snake. He's just perfect in every way - calms, handles nicely, and always eats well.

This is how I found him tonight - in his ceramic mug hide!:

cup_of_hypo_cinder_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d5on2n4.jpg

I took a whole bunch of photos of him outside about a week ago, but his color is really hard to capture, so I'll wait until I get some better photos to post them.

Cinny is such a sweet snake. I just love calm, gentle babies.

One of the problems with Cinny is that I have the hardest time capturing his colors! Flash always makes him look too red and so does no flash with natural light. Anyway, he was so cute, all curled in my palm, so I had to take some photos:

cinny_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d5qzkcc.jpg

cinny_2_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d5qzl9m.jpg

Back