• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo Cinder

Took Cinny out for some photos this evening. With the grass needing a mow, he mostly just wanted to burrow down beneath it instead of sitting for photos.

cinny_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d6i1agh.jpg

cinny___hypo_cinder_corn_snake_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d6i19np.jpg

And here he is with his future mate, Norma:

cinny_and_norma_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d6i190c.jpg

Thank you! I hadn't really noticed his color changing, but looking back at the older photos (and comparing him to Norma), his head has gotten so light and his reds have gotten brighter.

Cinny has done a lot of growing since his last photo shoot; he's now 264 grams. He also has developed sort of a pear shape, but he's a very good eater, so I know he's not actually thin. His blue-ish eyes have turned more into a silver. He's still a very pleasant, easy to handle snake.

hypo_cinder_corn_snake_2_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7n4ak2.jpg

hypo_cinder_corn_snake_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7n4a7p.jpg

And this one is not a very good picture, but you can sort of see his odd body shape here:

t7kwSbil.jpg

I'm sorry he turned out pear shaped! I really wish they didn't do that. But otherwise looking good and I like the black borders.

Oh, don't apologize! :) I have no problem with it and he's as healthy and sweet as could be. I'll be interested to see if my little 2013 female from (presumably) different lines also ends up with that body shape.

I wanted to take some photos of Cinny and his future girlfriend today, but of course at least one of them had to be in blue, so Cinny got some solo photos.

hypo_cinder_corn_snake_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8mhgzc.jpg

hypo_cinder_corn_snake_2_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8mhhl1.jpg

I really love his belly checkers:

corn_snake_belly_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8mhhtn.jpg

hypo_cinder_corn_snake_3_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8mhi3t.jpg

hypo_cinder_corn_snake_4_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8mhiay.jpg

Wow! Gorgeous pair! Not sure how I missed this the first time around, might have had to get one of my own sooner than I did if I'd seen those two!

He's looking great. I have cinders in the breeding plans for this year but I don't think they will be hypo unless my female has unexpected hets. I just love seeing the color change on these guys!

Last edited:
I took some updated photos of Cinny and Norma together a few days ago. I'd like to try again in better lighting, but here are some photos. I never have them out together, so it was interesting for me to see the difference in their color.

cinny_and_norma_2_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8p5tst.jpg

cinny_and_norma_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8p5tp8.jpg

cinny_and_norma_3_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d8p5txf.jpg

Back