• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need Some Advice

Yep these two are fighters ^^

I have escalated this case to a Paypal claim, they best rule in my favor. I provided screen shots (him agreeing they were Hypo Bloodred Lavenders, which they were not, and a screen shot on my phone of the text where he agreed to give me a full refund {unlucky for him I have the Galaxy Note which can take screen shots}), and a url to this forum as testimony that I got the wrong snakes. It was difficult to both describe the situation and teach them "snake" talk in 2000 characters or less (I used 1998 characters and that was not enough).

I have also contacted FedEx about his shipping. I told them of the lack of proper heat packs, no insolation, and 2 day shipping. I also added they were on the brink of death when I received them. I hope FedEx will take this seriously and do something about it.

This is the message I wrote,

"The shipment John Richardson sent contained two live snakes. The packaging he provided and the method of shipping he chose nearly killed the snakes. in all honesty, I am shocked they survived. I do not know if he is certified with FedEx or not, but if he is, he needs his certification revoked.

(Keep in mind that the snakes were shipped in December to Illinois) The box had no insolation or Styrofoam to protect the snakes. And he put 10 hour hand warmers for heat (which are not sufficient even for overnight). Furthermore, live reptiles need to be shipped overnight, but the labeling clearly states that the package was shipped 2-day shipping.

Here is a url to my unboxing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl_8rhl3Q9U

Here is a url to me examining the box
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raUfDtCVuQI

This is a case of animal cruelty, and I hope as a company, you will prevent this man from shipping live animals through FedEx again."

Have you posted anything on his facebook page? ;) Idk if it would help or hinder with a refund, but at least others would be aware.

I don't have much faith in Paypal resolving anything on a live animal.

For the one second it was there before he deleted it...

But there are a ton of cornsnake groups that would probably like to know about it!!

For the one second it was there before he deleted it...

But there are a ton of cornsnake groups that would probably like to know about it!!

True. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't use facebook, I don't know how much control one has over their page.

:idea: Maybe I should open an account.

I don't have much faith in Paypal resolving anything on a live animal.

Neither do I, but I think at this point it is my only way of getting a refund. He has been silent ever since promising to give me one (even when I inquired about it).

I did provide a screen shot of the text where he promised me a refund and admitted they were the wrong snakes, I hope that does something.

Welcome to the forums, David. No, this is not an appropriate place to ask that question, but you can start a thread on the topic here: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Or by using the search feature, you might find some threads on the matter. Which I was about to link, but see you have found! Basically, these threads read just like a conversation. If it would be appropriate to say in a verbal conversation following the recent posts, it should be appropriate to say in a thread. And if not... then probably not.

Update: PayPal did not rule in my favor, at least the little ones are doing good.

That sucks! I've been contacted by another person that has never received their snakes they paid for & were promised to be there for Christmas. The poor guy bought them as a present for his daughter.

Back