• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

sunglow

Dunno where the "all amels with no white are sunglows" definition came from, but this would mean a candycane with no borders is a sunglow. :rolleyes:

There are two qualifications, IMO:

1- No dorsal white. (Small flecks here or there MIGHT be acceptable, but these would at best be "borderline" sunglows.)

B- BRIGHT ORANGE ground color.

Unless/until your snake develops a ground color that is blindingly orange, I would not consider it a sunglow.

:-offtopic
Also, go to http://irfanview.com and download their free application that will allow you to size/crop/recompress images.

your_only_nightmare said:
whos? mine or blutengels

Bluntengels IS a mot... Please stop this silly behaviour is accept the snake is an amel...

Your pictures are blurry, over exposed and too big. Try taking them in natural light tomorrow. For now, go have a little rest :)

thats not a mot... thats a stripe..... and mine aint a mot

Well, her lower part is striped, but she is definitely not striped, but a partial striped mot... wether she is mot or not does not matter... if you really grasp what sunglow is, you understand that mine is showing the phenotype (look) sunglow at the extreme end of the amel to sunglow line. Your's is very close to the middle of it, but not halfway... It is true that the majority of really amazing sunglows are motley though. That is cause motley seems to thin borders.

SilentLore said:
Are those 2 snakes in your Avatar housed together? :rolleyes: ... hmmm...

"Discuss" :sidestep:

:grin01:

They were i believe, the female got pregnant, prolapsed and died... :sidestep:

Addendum, the snake you're calling a stripe is a motley.

And, if your snake is 5-7 months old and still showing only that small amount of orange, it looks like it's on track to turn into a :puke01: mel rather than a sunglow.

she got put to sleep, im sorry if i have to bloody go back to this

IT WASNT MY FAULT< I BOUGHT THEM FORM A FIREND WHO HOUSED THEM TOGTHER, I SEPERATED THEM £ WEEKS AFTER I BOUGHT THEM, HE DIDNT WANT THEM ANY MORE

AND THEY "WERE" HOUSED TOGHTER, BUT I DIDNT WANT THEM TOGHTHER, I HAVE 8 SNAKES< NONE ARE TOGTHER, ISNT THAT TELLING YOU SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why at the tme, my eggs were unexpeted, and i needed the help then, and im not mentionaing names, you know who you are, were complete prats telling me to research, and i like i said, i sat at schooll NOT doing my work, but reading about who to keep snakes, so yeah thank you lot for your help!!!!!!!!

yeah, but look what i ****ing put first, my snakes, so thats showing you lot something, its over for me now, but like i said, not my fault, and thank you for bringing it up again!!!!!!

she got put to sleep, im sorry if i have to bloody go back to this

IT WASNT MY FAULT< I BOUGHT THEM FORM A FIREND WHO HOUSED THEM TOGTHER, I SEPERATED THEM £ WEEKS AFTER I BOUGHT THEM, HE DIDNT WANT THEM ANY MORE

AND THEY "WERE" HOUSED TOGHTER, BUT I DIDNT WANT THEM TOGHTHER, I HAVE 8 SNAKES< NONE ARE TOGTHER, ISNT THAT TELLING YOU SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why at the tme, my eggs were unexpeted, and i needed the help then, and im not mentionaing names, you know who you are, were complete prats telling me to research, and i like i said, i sat at schooll NOT doing my work, but reading about who to keep snakes, so yeah thank you lot for your help!!!!!!!!

Wow. I went off to resize a picture for you and come back to this crap.
I don't remember all of that incident but I DO remember you not taking the advice of a very experienced person here while it was going on. Perhaps that's why people didn't want to waist their time trying to help you.

Oh well, here's your pic since I already resized it.

As has been said many times before...
Your snake has slight borders and it's color isn't all that bright. It may grow into a sunglow look, but it doesn't have it now.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 263
I was simply discussing a picture. It's funny how people get so worked up over text on a screen, from people they don't know, will never meet, and could give a hooey about.

Settle down little one, get your priorities straight, I'm glad that you take such good care of your animals, I hope that you put that kind of concentration into your studies and one day perhaps you can turn your hobby into a profession.

Try not to stress so much over little things like what is your snake classified as. I have an Okeetee, came from Okeetee parents... some call it a Normal :shrugs: ok, cause that's what it IS.

Anyhow... I look forward to seeing how your lil' snake grows and how its colors devolop. :cheers:

what adviuce was that, we had a vet triop planed but the ****ing prolapse happened the day before we wwere gonna take her, i loved her so much, you think i wanted it to happen or have her put thru that?

c'mon, you say you loved her so much...you had her for 3 weeks...how could you be so attatched??

Perhaps...nah, I'm not going to waste my finger strength on this one...

Serp managed to end the discussion with one post again.. :roflmao:

But Serp, I do think loads of people call their amels with thick white borders but with a very pale background also reverse okeetee or their normals with thick borders but not really orange background (uh... me) okeetee phase... I think you don't support that too? It is accepted by lots of people....

actully 5, no one who checked her over noticed the egg, i didnt know what i was looking for, i didnt intend on having eggs, and for **** safe, she was my pet, how would i not be attched.

it like you give birth, 3 weeks later your kids dies, oh, so your not going to care?

you answer me that, ive had my new snakes 3 weeks, if something hapened to one of them id be upset, there lovely little things

Back