• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What pattern do you prefer?

What pattern do you prefer

• normal

Votes: 67 21.1%
  • motley

Votes: 102 32.1%
  • striped

Votes: 74 23.3%
  • diffused

Votes: 40 12.6%
  • other

Votes: 35 11.0%

• Total voters
I never cared much for the pattern mutations. They just don't do it for me. I like to see a little more contrast to the snakes than you get with things like mots, stripes, and diffused. Not enough background color to offset the saddle color for my liking.

I prefer an aztec pattern. They are hard to predict, but occur naturally in the wild. I'm hoping my locality aztec okeetees will produce more!

Certain aztecs I can stand, like anery/charcoal aztecs or ghost/phantom aztecs. I think it's just the black and grey contrasts there that make it look good to me. The only stripe or mot mutations I like happen to be on butters (which also involve another gene I'm not too big on: caramel). For whatever reason, those few specific combos of genes that I don't really care for seem perfectly in place, enough so that I want them. LOL

I voted diffused just because my favorite morph of all time are bloodreds. But I also really like extremely clean normal patterned snakes (perfectly shaped saddles with no "frosted areas"), motleys that have perfect circles all the way down their backs, and striped/motleys, that have a pattern that looks kind of like a zipper.

I'm with Amanda on this one and voted diffused, too. In addition to "standard" bloodreds, I've been attracted to pewters and granites as of late, and am REALLY looking forward to diffused lavs/lavender bloods as they start filling the market in the next few years.

Mots would probably be my second choice, especially anery mots - if it only weren't for that derned xanthin as they grow, the contrast on the hatchling specimens I've seen would be AWESOME......

After that, I'm all for normals. Stripes really don't do anything for me, but Don Soderberg's butter stripes, admittedly, have turned my head.

regards,
jazz

I love them all, but I do have a preference for the aztecs/zigzags and also for motley/stripes, especially when they show a "half & half" pattern.

Love the hurricanes!

I voted for motleys, since my collection is probably now 75% motley or motley/striped. My all-time favorite is a really nice hurricane motley, with the darker bands of background color around the pale dots (hoping to raise hurricane butter mots next year -- have three butter mot yearlings now). My second choice would be the diffused.

This is a hard one and I haven't voted yet.
I really like a well marked motley. Y'know, the ones that look like their dot spacing has been marked out with a ruler! I also like it when the motlies have a lot of the 'saddle' colour and less of the background, so a cubed style doesn't do it for me.

I got my first aztec a few months back and she's sparked my interest in that pattern. A snake with a really bold, clearly defined aztec or zig-zag pattern is quite spectacular.

Stripes don't do much for me.

Diffused I like a lot, but to what degree depends on the colour variant...LOVE DIFFUSED LAVENDAR!
In a normal, I like there to be a distinct difference between the saddle colour and the base colour...but that's a bit of a theme in all the snakes I like.

Can't pick just one sorry, but if I had to answer I'd say a good Motley I suppose.

I really like the stripes(because I have one) I havn't seen the motlys and bloodreds in person so I can't say I like them or nor. I really like pastel motlys from what I'v seen.

That's what I would have voted for as well, "anything but striped."
As it is, I am on a motley kick, so I voted for it, but it's 50/50 alongside "normal."

Well, I love motleys and stripes, but I'm kind of picky about them. I don't patterns that fade out halfway down the snake. I like them perfect down to the tip of the tail.
It either has to be perfectly uniform, or not uniform at all, such as aztecs. I'm not really a fan of zig zags, but I like the aztec because of the chaos. Diffused is a great pattern trait and a favorite of mine as well.

Maybe I'm a little bias... ;)

stripegroup.jpg

I do absolutely adore my Lav Motley as well...

Back