• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I win at nailguns

Shade

Attack Iguana
I totally shot myself in the finger with a nailgun about an hour ago, while I was helping my dad build Leviathans' new vivarium. I had a two inch long staple going in through the bottom of my finger and out through the fingernail. My dad pulled it out with a pair of pliars, and I'm going to put it on a necklace.

Also, you have no idea how hard it is to type without the use of your left pointer finger.

Do I win a prize?

I don't feel so all alone in the nailgun category any more.... I had a 2.5" trim staple hit a knot and deflect into my knee right behind the knee cap. Man was that fun!!! :grin01:

Shade said:
Also, you have no idea how hard it is to type without the use of your left pointer finger.

QUOTE]

I have a particularly diligent wart.. or as my doctor says, 4 warts clustered together, on the tip of my middle finger. My doctor treated it the other day and it REALLY hurt to type. I attempted to type without the use of my middle finger for awhile... not too fun!
I'm assuming the pointer finger would be worse, especially for those who are lazy like me and use it for more letters than i should!

Hey, I type right-handed-only all the time, when I have a snake out! Choco doesn't mind all the bouncing, but the others are too flighty for that.

Seriously, make sure you haven't broken the bone in the end of your finger- that's just the sort of thing that would do it, and also, have you had a recent tetanus shot? Puncture woulds get infected easily.

I used to shoe horses for a living. I broke my thumb by hitting it as hard as I could with a hammer (not on purpose, was trying to get the nail to turn out and it wasn't cooperating...)

Nanci

Back