• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first ever :)

ksekres

I wanted to say hello cause I'm new here on the forum and new in this reptile world. This is my first ever corn I bought her 3 weeks ago and she is about 3 months old. I already love her [emoji16] Have a good dat everyone!
83351cf1c47438aa51159488fc6a363c.jpg

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 8 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

Her name is Sznurka in translation it means a string, but as I see her everyday in position like in the photo she looks more like a meerkat to me :p:

Her name is Sznurka in translation it means a string, but as I see her everyday in position like in the photo she looks more like a meerkat to me :p:

Are you using an undertank heater for that caging? If she seems to be constantly wanting to climb up the side of the cage, you may want to check the temperature of the floor of the cage.

Are you using an undertank heater for that caging? If she seems to be constantly wanting to climb up the side of the cage, you may want to check the temperature of the floor of the cage.
She does that only in the evening, temp on the floor on that specific place is 29-29.9 celcius not over 30, controlling it by thermoregulator and termometer sticked to the bottom where she has no option to go. I heat only the coco hide so not more than 1/3 of the container. Opposite side is room temp which is around 24-25 degrees celcius, where she has a hide, Water in the middle and the third hide. Now in the morning she lays peacufully in the coco on the warm side. I think she just wants to escape in the evening, also she digs a lot too

She does that only in the evening, temp on the floor on that specific place is 29-29.9 celcius not over 30, controlling it by thermoregulator and termometer sticked to the bottom where she has no option to go. I heat only the coco hide so not more than 1/3 of the container. Opposite side is room temp which is around 24-25 degrees celcius, where she has a hide, Water in the middle and the third hide. Now in the morning she lays peacufully in the coco on the warm side. I think she just wants to escape in the evening, also she digs a lot too

Your temps don't sound bad. I was afraid you had the cage just too warm and she was laying up against the glass to try to cool down.

General rule of thumb I would go by is that if a corn snake is on the prowl, there is something it is looking for that is not in the cage, or the cage has something in it that they don't like and want to get away from.

Any snake on the prowl in the wild when it really doesn't need to be is potentially a meal for a predator. So by nature they are prone to be sedentary when they are content with their surroundings and lacking pressing internal urges.

She has front view on my room and on the left pretty big bright aquarium, but she does that on each side, the lid of the container too (it's plastic one). She also tries to push/fit in little holes (ventilation). While doing all of those things she doesn't seem to be scared of me, even if I'm really close

Back