• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Male Popping Pic

This is a pic of me popping my male. This really shows the hemipenes pretty good. If you learn to pop or want to try it, this is what you will look for in a male.
I do not have a female Corn right now, so if someone could post a pic of a female being popped, I think this thread would really help some new keepers.
PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL when doing this...I WILL NOT feel bad for you if you come to me crying that you watched this video and hurt your snake. I did it perfectly fine, and if you follow the directions you should be able to do the same.

This is the video that I learned off of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMqN402TiVg
It demonstrates on a Ball Python, however the same method is used for Corns. This video is credited to Ralph Davis.

My Male Amel being popped displaying hemipenes on either side...they appear to be small "tube-like" things that are somewhat red or pink in color...
Sniper044-1.jpg

-Josh
This is all a repost of what is in "Crush's Progression Thread" but this is for the people who don't follow Crush's thread....

Great shot of the hemipenes! I learned how to pop myself not too long ago, but this was still very helpful!

I have a male that I could try on, I just haven't yet. I'm afraid of hurting him. :(

Oh and am I the only one who read this as "pooping thread"? I looked at it again when actually clicking on it and realized it said popping... but still... I feel like a dumb brain. :p

Haha...pooping thread, popping thread...they look similar...coincidence that mine pooped/peed on me when I did it earlier? Lol...

I have a male that I could try on, I just haven't yet. I'm afraid of hurting him. :(

Oh and am I the only one who read this as "pooping thread"? I looked at it again when actually clicking on it and realized it said popping... but still... I feel like a dumb brain. :p

If you think you are going to hurt him, just start out soft...you will quickly be able to feel how much pressure you need, and it is different for each one :)

Good luck, and you should watch that video if you haven't, helped me alot :)
There is another one from 8 Ball Pythons on there somewhere....

-Josh

I watched Kathy Love's video on it and while at the ReptiCon show in Charlotte I had Bill Love show me to pop. It's just a matter of getting up the courage to try it on my known boy. :)

And thanks for the encouragement!

Yeah, I'll have to hold mine over somethign that I don't mind if it gets poopied on. :p

Ya, I was trying to watch Kathy's Video on her website, but I was at work at the time...(Sheriff's Dept) and they have ALOT of stuff blocked their...and it won't let me download jacksquat... :(

Bah, silly work computers...

Okay, I think I'll go try to pop my boy. If I break him though I'll be so sad and it'll be totally your fault! J/K ;) At any rate you have convinced me to go ahead and try. :)

Bah, silly work computers...

Okay, I think I'll go try to pop my boy. If I break him though I'll be so sad and it'll be totally your fault! J/K ;) At any rate you have convinced me to go ahead and try. :)

Oh good luck! Please let me know how it goes!
I'm going to attempt this tomorrow!
Like you, I just never have been able to build up the courage to do it!

Woo! Congrats. I hope I have the same success as you tomorrow!
Did you have to use much pressure? Or was it the same as how Josh said Crush was?

I started out with just a little bit of pressure and didn't get anything, then did it again with just a little bit more pressure until I got the right amount to pop them out entirely. If that makes sense. :)

Oh and thanks! :D Good luck to you also.

Congrats Em! I knew you could do it :) And I'm sure that different snake will react differently to being popped :) My little guy didn't mind at all except he kept circling back around to see what I was doing, and getting in my way...lol

Oh, and Andrew...let us know how it went with yours! :)

-Josh

That's pretty much what Zinn did. My fiance had to come hold him so I could pop. :) I'll be using Zinn to "perfect" the technique, but not very often. I don't want to hurt him by doing it to much or something.

It shouldn't take too long to "perfect" it...:)
The main part is building up the confidence in yourself to keep trying :)
I must say I was more reluctant to do it on my BP, but I did, and I was happy with myself afterwards....she was much harder to pop, and I think I may study up (a whole bunch) on probing...RobbiesCornField advised that probing is much more accurate in Bps....

-Josh

It shouldn't take too long to "perfect" it...:)
The main part is building up the confidence in yourself to keep trying :)
I must say I was more reluctant to do it on my BP, but I did, and I was happy with myself afterwards....she was much harder to pop, and I think I may study up (a whole bunch) on probing...RobbiesCornField advised that probing is much more accurate in Bps....

-Josh

I get a little intimidated doing it. I am afraid of breaking the poor little ones. I got those big thick fingers..LOL! I guess I will have to let my wifey, Christine perfect it. Thanks for the pics.

I probably will try but....

Wayne

Haha...I understand what you mean...the only advice I can give is what I told Em...just start with a little bit of pressure, and if nothing comes out, try again...each time adding just a little more, until finally you see something come out :)
And as I told her, each snake will take different amounts of pressure...barely took any to pop my male, Crush...took a little more for my female BP, Sniper.
Hopefully someone will soon post a pic of a female corn being popped...if not I am sure I am going to pick one up at the next show in April, and will post one then...

-Josh

Haha...I understand what you mean...the only advice I can give is what I told Em...just start with a little bit of pressure, and if nothing comes out, try again...each time adding just a little more, until finally you see something come out :)

-Josh

My problem is, that I would try to get a female to get something to protrude and not realizing it was a female, pop it like a zit! LOL! Because each time I squeezed and nothing came out, I would just keep adding pressure thinking I wasn't doing it enough. LOL! I am gonna have to practice on a known male!! LOL!

Thank you so much for the pic. I'm gonna give it a go and I promise to be gentle, for the snakes sake!!

Wayne

So I just tried it on Raider, and he was not very cooperative at all. But once I finally got him positioned, I tried popping, but he had something else in mind..
He pooped all over me. So I cleaned up and went to try it again, only to have the same thing happen for a second time. Needless to say, being pooped on is no pleasant experience. So I guess I will wait a few days, or maybe even wait till feeding day, to try popping them so that way there is a better chance that their poop chutes are all cleared out so I won't have to be pooped on anymore...haha.

Oh well, better luck next time, eh?

Back