View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 08:54 PM   #10
Caryl
I don't have any first hand knowledge on the Cinder issue so maybe I shouldn't offer input, just lurk, lol. But I've been working with Caramels for a long time now. There are definitely different Caramel looks, and I think Keys influence is a big part of it. Before I had to take a few steps back from breeding much for a while, I was working on selecting for what I thought of as silver and gold Caramels, with the silver background color and more golden saddles. That was before the term Miami Caramel was coined, which is a fine enough term but way overused. Most Caramel babies have grey background, after all.

Anyway, looping back (I had a point, I think lol), whether it's easily pointed out to someone else or not, whether it's caused by an associated allele or what, het Caramels are so often said to be identifiable, and to a practiced eye they are. But - devil's advocate here - it may be that although those with whatever "noticeable" traits are correctly IDed as het Caramel, there may be others who are het Caramel without said differences. That is, I think, the logic for Yellow Jacket, Yellow Disease, etc. Might something similar be going on with Cinder? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk