• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello~new here w/ my 3 corns(pic heavy post) :)

MotleyMedusa7

lovin' my sweet corns
Hello,I'm new to the site.Just wanted to introduce my corns--

Ember,he's a Amel Hurricane Motley:

1020807.jpg

1020860.jpg

Medusa,she's a Lavender Motley,het for hypo & stripe:

1020910.jpg

1020817.jpg

& Frost,she's a Snow Motley:

1020842.jpg

1020851.jpg

Welcome! You have such pretty babies, I especially love Ember, what a gorgeous little guy! His pattern is so beautiful!

Thanks :) I'm still learning what setting on my camera to use to get the best pics,anyone have any suggestions as far as background colors to get the colors & patterns to pop best? I'm thinking about taking them outside to get some pics in natural light to see how well they turn out.

When it comes to colour, if you want to bring out something's colour, a complementary (opposite side of the colour wheel, ie. green and red, blue and orange, etc.) or contrasting colour is good. I also find that scenery really makes things pop out. Say... maybe try pictures with some greenery, or wait until they're in their hide and just sticking out their head (my snow loooves to do that), then take a picture where you can see their head first, then their blurry body just peeking out of the hole in the hide. :)
Sorry, I love art. And snakes. And snake art. Can you blame me? ;)

I would love to see the natural photos!

Oh,I forgot to say some stuff about me in my introduction! lol My name is Valerie,I'm 32,married for almost 8 1/2 yrs to Daniel..have 2 kids,my son is 14,my daughter is 7. I have 2 cats, 1 mini schnauzer,a bearded dragon,1 variable kingsnake, & my 3 new corns. I have a natural pond that takes up the back of my acre of land,which is home to many native snakes & turtles(south of Houston,Tx.) So,when we moved in about 3 years ago,I began taking lots of pics of the snakes back there..we have Broad banded water snakes,Blotched water snakes,Diamond- backed water snakes,Gulf Coast Ribbon snakes,Graham's Crayfish snakes, Rough Earth snakes,& I have seen a couple of Western cottonmouths & 1 Texas Corn snake & a Rough Green snake...I usually upload the pictures to my Flikr & Facebook accounts to help educate people on what local snakes are venomous or nonvenomous,because unfortunately even most of my friends think the only good snakes are dead ones :( I try to help them realize snakes are an important part of any ecosystem & you would rather have a few rat snakes around than the rats they are eating! Anyway,my in-laws recently decided to move out of our house so I got all excited when I realized I could start getting snakes!! I was being considerate of their feelings about snakes..but my husband & I sure are very happy to be able to finally get to bring these beautiful animals into our home instead of just watching them in the pond! lol :)

Chaos>> me too! I love taking pictures of snakes..well taking pics of all types of nature. and I do draw & paint also,so I guess I take the art into the pics lol Great suggestions,thanks :)

Eddie>> thanks for the ideas,that 2nd shot is Amazing~very professional looking! I love the cross too~ I think I should hit the local Goodwill in the craft area & see if I can find any props or fabric for cheap.some realistic looking synthetic flowers maybe.

Blutengel>>Although,I think Frost has the best temperment(she will just curl up in your hand and poke her head out to look around-too cute),I definately have to agree that Ember is a gorgeous boy!! We bought all 3 of them at the Houston Repticon last month & he was the first one we bought~we just HAD to have him! lol he had siblings that looked similar,but his colors are the most vibrant,he has no white speckling at all,which makes me wonder if he is a Sunglow...We bought Ember & Frost from KnKreptiles & we bought Medusa from Bushhill Rodents. Her name is Medusa because the first thing she did when I held her was go straight for my hair & tangle herself in lol. I love how her Motley/stripe pattern looks like the center stripe down a road :)

Well, if Ember is vibrantly orange/red with no white, she is a sunglow, because that is the definition of a sunglow :)

Someone asked me at the show if he was sunglow & at that point I hadn't researched all the corn morphs,so I wasn't sure,but after reading the description I think he is,I just hate to say he's somethingwhen I'm not 100% lol ...Thanks Tattery & Ares2010! :)

I have to say,I had my variable king for a while,and I guess I had little interest in corns maybe because they are so common in the pet trade..but after I saw these 3 I fell in love with all of them..and I am definately a corn convert now! & yh,they are all motley 'cuz I very much love the iridescent(sp?) rainbow effect on their white bellies! lol I love to research & I am loving finding out how all the different morphs were bred. very interesting stuff :)

Eddie>> thanks for the ideas,that 2nd shot is Amazing~very professional looking! I love the cross too~ I think I should hit the local Goodwill in the craft area & see if I can find any props or fabric for cheap.some realistic looking synthetic flowers maybe.

I do the same thing. I hit the thrift shops, dollar store, and fabric store as well as any other place I happen to be. I'm always on the lookout for a cool prop!

Welcome! Thanks for the beautiful pics.
Do you love motleys, or is is just coincidence that all three are mots?
All three of them are beautiful.

The photography section here has great info on how to get good photos. I have found that blue brings out the colors in most cases.

I do love motleys,I love the plain belly w/ the rainbow effect on their belly..I also think it's cool how none of the patterns are just alike..I do like the other morphs of corns too,it just happens the first 3 corns I got are all motley. not sure exactly what we will be getting in the future... also,a lady who runs a local reptile/small animal rescue told us she gets large groups of corns from the local spca & we told her if she ever has too many to handle we can help out,we bought a few extra tanks just in case..so we never know what we will gets from her :)

Back