• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do you confront sellers who have morphs mislabeled?

hypnoctopus

Olivia Barron
I often browse classifieds for corn snakes, even when I'm not looking to buy anything. Seems like most sellers have things listed accurately, but every now and then I see one mislabeled. I wouldn't feel comfortable buying from someone who mislabels their morph and I would hate for someone newer to the hobby to get something different than what they're expecting (and paying for), but I'm also very non confrontational. Do you guys ever message a seller to correct them?

Hey Olivia!

I will do this when I'm interested in a snake and want to clarify. I've had mixed results, one guy reiterated the wrong information and the other guy just ignored me. I'll tell you, morphs are pretty complicated these days and if I mislabeled, I'd want to know.

-Tonya

I one time had a person contact me about my morph being mislabeled that I was selling, although in that case, they were definitely wrong. (I think I was selling an amel and they insisted it was a fire or something like that). In that case, I politely informed them of what traits I was seeing that indicated the correct morph and also told them the parents' genetics, and then they never replied.

Yes and no because it depends on the situation. I've let a well known breeder know that their butter het amel was mislabel. Same email to the same breeder an entire clutch was missing a 50% poss het in their listing. I only knew that because I had a baby from the dame the year before. Both cases were simple copy/paste errors when processing clutches and the breeder was thankful for me catching it.

I've had someone email me on morphparket and let me know one animals sex didn't match. It was listed as male in one place but female in another. I thanked the person for letting me know.

On instagram I had someone tell me my golddust wasn't. I tried to start conversation by asking them to back up their statement and pointed out why it was labeled as such. I got no response.

If I see someone label the het as what it could make I disregard that seller, they are label as an idiot and wont do business with them. Ie an amel het snow or a sunkissed het shatter.

If I see someone label the het as what it could make I disregard that seller, they are label as an idiot and wont do business with them. Ie an amel het snow or a sunkissed het shatter.

I get WHY they do that, but I really don't like that practice. It always trips me up a moment and I have to think a bit about what it actually means.

I usually just ask questions if its something I am interested in. If I don't get answers that I like I just move on. I have no problem asking for help if I cant identify something that I produced but perhaps some people feel embarrassed to ask for help so they just make a guess.. I dunno ..lol :)

I mean, it could be an honest mistake. Some morphs look similar, and if the parents genetics could produce multiple options, it could be hard to tell. If it was me, I would like to be corrected.

I wish more people would ACTUALLY label the snakes they upload to flamin’ Instagram !!!

Most put up a photo of a beautiful snake and just say ‘ What do you think of this ?’

How much longer would it take them to write in the type and morph !!??

Agghhh !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feeling frustrated tonight on someone's behalf. She's a new corn snake owner, purchased a baby that appealed to her without really knowing morphs. She was vastly overcharged because the seller had it mislabeled as a much more expensive morph. I looked through their seller page and they have another one mislabeled and being sold as a much more expensive morph too. I told her to contact them and ask for a partial refund, but we'll see how that goes. I believe the seller is just a reseller, so best case scenario they just marked it as whatever they were told and won't take offense to being wrong and will work with the buyer.

What was the morph and what was is labeled as? Just curious. Some morphs that are commonly mislabeled are things like Striped Blood Red. Tough to tell them from just striped animals if you have little experience and didn't breed Homo to Homo.
I hope it all works out.
Terri

No, nothing easy to mistake like that. The seller had it labeled as a saffron and it was actually a snow. After contacting the seller, he was dismissive of her concern and ensured that it was what it was sold as, so she's going to drop it.

... saffrons looks absolutely nothing like a snow. She shouldn't drop it. Or at least should name and shame.

... saffrons looks absolutely nothing like a snow. She shouldn't drop it. Or at least should name and shame.

OMG that's not even close. I agree with Shiari that this is something worth pursuing. If the animal is a Snow, it's missing two of the advertised genes. That's just wrong.

Terri

Yup, I agree with both of you guys. The other one they have listed as a peppermint motley which is actually very clearly an amel motley. The seller is on morph market, but I don't know if the buyer purchased from there or in person, so I don't know if she can even leave a review.

Back