• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Year's babies part II

do you ever produce pretty looking snakes?

My wife just read the above, her first words, "OMG, poor Steve!"

Looks like there is Motley in the mix Steve, maybe that why you are seeing the odd patterns ??

Nice looking Striped Creamsicles BTW !!

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Hey Walter, here is another "weird" pattern I keep getting. This is the most extreme so far. I have these Reverse Stripes coming out of my Het Striped Amaretto clutches.
I held some Reverse Striped Ambers (Het Lavender) back last year, but not this extreme. They are from the same pairings, so hopefully in the future I can intensify this look! Seems to be easy to replicate. :shrugs:

Attachments

• DSCN3794.JPG
    DSCN3794.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN3795.JPG
    DSCN3795.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 198
Hey Walter, here is another "weird" pattern I keep getting. This is the most extreme so far. I have these Reverse Stripes coming out of my Het Striped Amaretto clutches.
I held some Reverse Striped Ambers (Het Lavender) back last year, but not this extreme. They are from the same pairings, so hopefully in the future I can intensify this look! Seems to be easy to replicate. :shrugs:

WOW, that is weird, never seen a "reverse stripe" before. It's very odd how the Stripe pattern seems "normal" at the neck, then it changes to the single dorsal stripe.

Do you have pics. of the ones you held back from last year???

Walter

WOW, that is weird, never seen a "reverse stripe" before. It's very odd how the Stripe pattern seems "normal" at the neck, then it changes to the single dorsal stripe.

Do you have pics. of the ones you held back from last year???

Walter

Yeah they start the same at the neck and then just turn into a dorsal stripe.

I dont have pics, and even if I did the pattern on them is really getting light and hard to see. The stripes are getting light colored like the ground color. I think the Hypo Stripes will be more visible than the Amber Stripes.

Just took some pics for ya!
I guess you can still see it pretty good, but they are a lot lighter than they were at hatching.

Attachments

• DSCN3796.JPG
    DSCN3796.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN3798.JPG
    DSCN3798.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 204
Just took some pics for ya!
I guess you can still see it pretty good, but they are a lot lighter than they were at hatching.

Yes, I can see it. Should be very interesting to see what comes from breeding two of these together for sure.............
you may very well be onto something new here Steve !!

I look forward to seeing future results.

Walter

Yes, I can see it. Should be very interesting to see what comes from breeding two of these together for sure.............
you may very well be onto something new here Steve !!

I look forward to seeing future results.

Walter

Thanks Walter!

It does seem to be easily reproduced. Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to breeding two of these together!

Just curious, have you took notice, does it seem to be reproduced as a recessive trait ??

Walter

If I were to say this is genetic, I'd go more with recessive. But it's just speculation at this point. I really have only noticed it the past two seasons, so I haven't had a chance yet to prove anything.

If I were to say this is genetic, I'd go more with recessive. But it's just speculation at this point. I really have only noticed it the past two seasons, so I haven't had a chance yet to prove anything.

I Gottcha. I was just wonding how they were showing up in numbers, per clutch...........1/4 clutch.........1/2 clutch ???

Walter

I Gottcha. I was just wonding how they were showing up in numbers, per clutch...........1/4 clutch.........1/2 clutch ???

Walter

Probably 1/4 of the clutch. Some are a little bit more broken up, but still have the one dorsal stripe starting near the neck, as opposed to the two full length dorsal stripes.
But it's enough for me to take notice, and its consistent with this line of animals.

Probably 1/4 of the clutch. Some are a little bit more broken up, but still have the one dorsal stripe starting near the neck, as opposed to the two full length dorsal stripes.
But it's enough for me to take notice, and its consistent with this line of animals.

Cool. Looking forward to future results !!

It might be worth it to breed one of these single Striped animals to a Blotched (no het pattern traits).........then breed the F1's to see how they show up.

Walter

Back