• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2015 Breeding Season

ecreipeoj

Striped Topaz SK SG Free
These first batch of breeding photos were taken between 5-24/6-2. They are in no particular order, except alphabetically from my 2015 Breeding photo file, except this first one, which was the first breeding of the year.

Striped Ice X Striped het Lava

Target: Striped Lavas het Anery

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 353
RedCoat Bloodred het Striped Pied-Sided

Target: RC Striped Pied-Sided, RC Striped Bloodred, RC Bloodred

Attachments

• BhStPSxS corrected.jpg
    BhStPSxS corrected.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 348
RedCoat Bloodred het Striped Charcoal x SAME

Target: Striped Pewter, RC Striped Bloodred, RC Bloodred, Pewter

Attachments

• DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 347
Hypo Fire Motley Pied-Sided x Pied-Sided

Target: Pied-Sided het Hypo Fire Motley

Attachments

• DSC_0026.JPG
    DSC_0026.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 346
Normal het Golden X Same

Target: Goldens

This will be my third year attempting to breed the 2.1 adults I have. They were big and fat when I got them, and kept at boa temperatures.

The first two years, I used the ACR breeding method, and I attempted to test the males out to Caramel. Fertility was very low and no eggs went full term.

It my test breedings between Het Golden and Caramel, it appeared that I produced some Caramels and Normals dead in the egg. I think I have enough experience to tell, DOA Normals from Caramels, BUT obviously further testing will be needed.

I have been slimming the males down and keeping them cool, now for YEARS!This year I took a different approach. I used, lets say, the Rich Z breeding method. I bred both males to the female three times each. She is currently gravid, and she looks very good, meaning, she looks to be carrying fertile eggs, not slugs. You can usually tell. She is HUGH. She is opaque now, so I will know soon.

On a side note, I normally only breed females one time. This is all that is needed. With the Goldens, I am doing everything possible this year, just to get some more Goldens out of them.

If this fails, next year, I will breed the female to one of my Landrace Lava males in an attempt to produce Normals het Lava ph Golden. I still have high hopes for this year. I will keep you posted here.

Attachments

• DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 343
Normal het Striped Sunkissed Lava Butter X Same

Target: Striped Sunkissed plus any of the other genes. A Striped Sunkissed Topaz would be nice.

Attachments

• DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 339
Ice Bloodred x Anery het Striped Lava Lavender Bloodred

Target: Ice Bloodreds

Unfortunately, I don't have any males to match up with several females with these genetics, so they get a variety of males.

Attachments

• DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 341
RedCoat Sunkissed Lava x RedCoat Sunkissed het Lava

Target: RedCoat Sunkissed Lavas, one of my favorite.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 342
Striped Ice x Anery Motley het Striped Lava

Target: Striped Ice and Ice Motleys

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 339
Striped Snow x RedCoat Motley het Striped Snow Lavender

Target: RedCoat Striped Snows, or recreate Striped Champagnes. The female is from the Champagne line, and the male is unrelated.

Attachments

• DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 335
Topaz het Motley x Caramel het Lava Motley

Target: Topaz Motleys

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 147
Tessera het Ice Blood ph Amel X Normal het Snow Lava Bloodred

Target: Tessera Ice Bloodred and Tessera Lava Bloodred, maybe Tessera Lavamel Bloodred

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 144
Tessera het Sunkissed Lava X Sunkissed Lava

Target: Tessera Sunkissed Lava, Tessera Sunkissed, and Tessera Lava

Attachments

• DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 144
Tessera het Striped Lavamel x Ice Motley het Amel

Target: Tessera Lava Motley het Striped, Tessera Lavamel Motley het Striped

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 143
Yellow Jacket Tessera het Topaz X Topaz

Target: Tessera Topaz, Tessera Lava, most will be YJ.

Attachments

• DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 142
Tessera het Topaz x Topaz

Target: Tessera Topaz and Tessera Lava

This is a sibling to the above YJ Tessera het Topaz. As you can see, he is not a YJ. YJ, is a dominant gene just like Tessera is. The parent Tessera of these two Tessera was Het YJ, so half of his offspring were YJ, and half were not.

YJ is why many people, thought Caramel was showing though as Het, but it was not Caramel, it was YJ in the lines. Most Caramel lines have YJ in them. YJ turn a Caramel from brown to tan, and was visually selected for.

Attachments

• DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 143
Tessera het Snow Lava X Red Factor Lava het Snow Motley

Target: Tessera Lava, Tessera Ice, Tessera Lavamel, Tessera Snow, Tessera Amel, with Red Factor hopefully.

Attachments

• DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 140
Topaz Bloodred het Strawberry x Lavender het Topaz Bloodred

Target: Topaz Bloodred het Lavender

This line has Lava, Caramel, Bloodred, Strawberry, Lavender and Amel in it. I am still testing out the possible hets. The hets listed have proven out last year.

Last year, I produced several Topaz Plasmas from this group.

Attachments

• DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 139
Topaz het Strawberry Bloodred X Lavender het Topaz Bloodred

Target: Topaz Bloodred het Lavender

Many combines can pop out of this line. I produced some Strawberry Bloodreds het Topaz that are to die for last year.

Attachments

• DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 137
Back