• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Early introductions

I have 2 clutches 2go, one girl is almost 2 weeks past pre-lay shed... she drives me mad LOL She looks fine still, that's the most important :)

Not sure how I missed this thread. But congrats on the beautiful eggs. Your girls are all gorgeous!

And here's Annie showing what she really thought of the laybox she's been digging around in for the last week. She'd carefully pushed it away from the warm end of the viv so she could lay her eggs on dry substrate!

Attachments

• 4a.JPG
    4a.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 6a.JPG
    6a.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 118
So out comes the laybox, and I find Annie curled around a clutch of 17 perfect eggs, no slugs. Luckily they hadn't dried out, so a nice drink for newly-skinny Annie and into the incubater for the eggs :dancer::dancer::dancer:

Attachments

• 10a.JPG
    10a.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 11a.JPG
    11a.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 118
Sundance and Annie have both eaten a medium mouse. I'd though Annie had a retained egg, but on examination I think it's actually where her back end was swollen with the eggs, because the area feels so soft. I left for work last night very reluctantly, because Kate had started laying.....

Last edited:
So I got home this morning to find Kate coiled around a big clump of eggs. I just can't count them accurately, there are at least 25 though. I wanted them in the incubator without too much fussing so I'll have to think what to do, maybe mark each egg with a pencil as I count?

Attachments

• 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 6a.JPG
    6a.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 8a.JPG
    8a.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 10a.JPG
    10a.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 111
LOL at Annie. I have one that took 2 days to lay her eggs because she kept putting them every where. Guess they just don't like the nice lay boxes we give some times. lol Beautiful eggs and they all look great. Congrats!

Hurrah! Another eggciting day! 12 monster eggs from Pearl this morning. She looks really deflated and was too tired to even try to bite me. I made sure she had a long drink, but left the laybox in for her in case she's going to lay some more.

Attachments

• 6a.JPG
    6a.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 8a.JPG
    8a.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 97
Thanks! No more laid by Pearl today, so I've checked her more thoroughly and I'm convinced she's finished laying. This is better than Easter!

Hurrah! I got in from work to find a very skinny Polly wrapped around 17 beautiful eggs!:dancer::dancer::dancer: She was covered iin peat from the laybox so I gave her a quick rinse off, helped her to a long drink of fresh water, then gave her a lovely fresh-killed (non)breeder mouse

Attachments

• 6a.JPG
    6a.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 13a.JPG
    13a.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 107
Another congrats to you! You're having better luck than me. I had yet another girl slug out a couple days ago. :(

Thanks! I've spoken to my usual petshop mousicle supplier and got my wholesale deal confirmed for this year. So if I get a good hatch and survival rate this year the girls will be deserving silver platters to eat their mice off!

Good and bad news today. The incubator is behaving beautifully. I bought it from a woma breeder who was upgrading to a bigger one, so I am totally pleased my investment paid off. It's a full-size drinks fridge so my 6 clutches will only take up 1 shelf!
Ignore the dial thermometer, it's totally off in it's reading, using a digital one and my temp gun I'm getting consistent temps of 80-81 degrees no matter the room temperature so no cooking for my eggs this year!

Attachments

• 45a.JPG
    45a.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 88
And the bad news, a funky looking egg in Pearl's clutch. I won't take it out yet but it looks bad to me

Attachments

• 9a.JPG
    9a.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 87
Back