• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

8,000 Snakes Lost in Fire

House fires are literally my worst nightmare. I've actually woken up crying and shaking from dreams of fire, and stuff like this, I just can't even imagine.

This brings me to absolute tears, I could barely watch the video. I feel sick. Holy crap. My heart goes out to the home owners.

Glad the humans all made it out, I have my fingers crossed for the snakes, and may those dogs Rest In Peace.

So, so sad.
:'( :'( :'(

Wow, that is my worst nightmare that is for sure! I'm soo sorry for all the losses she has lost with her dogs and her reptiles. I'm glad all persons were safe and not injured. Prayers to Lynn's family.

No words for this, it's so awful. I wanted one of those Madagascan ground boas and she was the best place I could ever find. Sad I still couldn't afford it. I really hate that this happened to her.

Almost all of the snakes ended up saved, they are monitoring them very closely over the next few days for signs of smoke inhalation etc. They lost less than >100 snakes last I heard.

Sad about the dogs though...I hate that ANYTHING died.....fire is my worst fear as well.

So far it looks like 10% of the snakes have been lost. Out of 8000 that is still a huge number. Not sure how many more will die of respiratory issues to come :(
Everyone human wise is still doing okay and the May expo is still going on.

Any word on relief efforts or donations for them? I wouldn't mind helping out, but I'm not sure what they might need or where to send it...

Any word on relief efforts or donations for them? I wouldn't mind helping out, but I'm not sure what they might need or where to send it...
They have raised a ton of donations, I don't know for sure if monetary donations are being accepted atm... Had a lot of clothes and reptile supplies dropped off at their store location in Thorton... The biggest thing Lynn has asked for in terms of support is to come by the expo in May, I think she cares more about the people in the community than material things .

Back